BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 550i and have wanted to get my ECU remap. I was leaning towards the Eurorev after speaking with Vincent but I would have to send my ECU. From what i know about the Eurorev remap, it will provide more HP versus Dinan. However, I am scared that if I have any problems, i would have to send my ecu back to them to flash it whereas my dealership is mod friendly and can provide me a Dinan flash. My only mod is the K&N drop in minus the charcoal filter. Has anyone done the ECU reflash on an 550i with Dinan yet?

·
E60 to E90 to E92
148 Posts
I had Stage 3 Software on my old '06 550i. It basically improved throttle response and was geared toward enhancing the power gains from the Dinan T/B and CAI. You also get the top speed limiter removed, so if you're daring, speeds > 155 mph are now possible. And redline is improved slightly by 250 rpm for manuals and 100 rpm for autos. I did notice a huge change in performance when the program was erased when I had a Progman update on my car to v.25 ... sluggish throttle was felt the most, as if I was towing an extra 1000 lbs. Can't go wrong with Dinan. Warranty coverage is the best and I've had nothing but great customer service since the first day I walked through their showroom over two years ago.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts