BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to Spartanburg in mid-February for a one-on-one for my new 650xi coupe in addition to the 2-day car control course. I'll be in town for three nights, and I'm looking for some good places to eat. Suggestions? I'm looking for one or two fine dining restaurants and some casual places as well. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Are you staying in Spartanburg, or Greenville ? Plenty of places in downtown Greenville....Soby's, Rick Erwins (two of these, one seafood, one steaks), High Cotton, Sasafrass come to mind.

·
Registered
2015 535i, 2017 X3 x35
1,729 Posts
Don't forget Smoke On The Water and Giorgio's, both in Downtown Greenville. Plenty of good to great resturants in Greenville ranging for high end to brew pubs and wing joints - all good.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Performance Center is in Spartanburg County, but still a long way from Spartanburg the city. You are much closer to Greenville the city. If by some chance you are staying in Spartanburg the city, you may want to switch to Greenville. It is much nicer with many more things to do, N4S

·
On Order 750LiAh
125 Posts
If you're looking for FINE DINING I love this place in Greenville named Saskatoon. They actually have Kangaroo steaks and you wouldn't believe your tastebuds! This place is a top notch next level place!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Brick Street Cafe is also pretty good in the West End. The Marriott is usually pretty good about bringing people to Main Street in Greenville an there are plenty of option. The only place that I haven't heard is Deveraux's or Nantucket. Theres also Barley's for pizza and beer, and I like the Cazbah for tapas and drinking if you're not looking to eat a ton.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Brick Street Cafe is also pretty good in the West End. The Marriott is usually pretty good about bringing people to Main Street in Greenville an there are plenty of option. The only place that I haven't heard is Deveraux's or Nantucket. Theres also Barley's for pizza and beer, and I like the Cazbah for tapas and drinking if you're not looking to eat a ton.
Deveraux's is good, as is Nantucket Seafood Grill (it's one of Rick Erwin's restaurants).

·
Registered
2015 535i, 2017 X3 x35
1,729 Posts
If you're looking for FINE DINING I love this place in Greenville named Saskatoon. They actually have Kangaroo steaks and you wouldn't believe your tastebuds! This place is a top notch next level place!
Their alligator meat appetizers and ostrich are very good also.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have spent a lot of time staying in downtown Greenville for work over the past several months and there are LOTS of good restaurants. If you are looking for a truly outstanding steakhouse, I have dined twice at Rick Erwin's and it's one of the best steakhouses I've ever been to! http://rickerwins.com/

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Soby's, Blue Ridge Brewery, and Smoke on the Water. I've only been to Soby's so far, but planning the other two for tonight and tomorrow. Soby's was great! Thanks for the recommendations!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is Larkin's on the River a good place to eat? It's a Steakhouse on Main St. with a lot of good reviews.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I've never been there but I have heard good things about it. You can't go wrong in downtown G-ville.

·
On Order 750LiAh
125 Posts
Southern6er22 can you give us a report on Blue ridge and Smoke on the water? I haven't been to either and I'd like to pick one for lunch and one for dinner!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Southern6er22 can you give us a report on Blue ridge and Smoke on the water? I haven't been to either and I'd like to pick one for lunch and one for dinner!
Both were very good. I'd consider doing Blue Ridge Brewery for lunch and Smoke on the Water for dinner. SOTW is slightly dressier in terms of atmosphere and cuisine. I can't remember what I ate, but I do remember being impressed by the menu at SOTW. BRB has a more casual (brewery) atmosphere but the food was equally as good. Neither was a straight up BBQ joint - smokehouse flavors and good southern food. Not sure as this helps - its been several months now. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts