BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. I have a bit of a unique problem. I recently had a EWS delete done on my son’s 99 328i. His car had random non starting issues that we finally traced to the EWS, so we did the delete and it worked well. During the diagnosis stage we had also bypassed the ignition, so the car starts with a button which is wired to the starter. So, the good news is the car starts and runs great. The bad news is that shortly after the delete, his key died and he put in a new battery and tried to program it to the car but it doesn’t seem to work. His key is the slightly older version. The three button with the rounded back edge. Not the diamond shape.

So, now every time, and I mean EVERY time he opens his door the alarm goes off. I pulled the fuse for the sound, but the lights flash for several minutes. Since the delete and bypass have been done, the car will still start and run during the time the alarm is going off, but at night it is rather distracting to say the least to drive down the road with lights all flashing.

Also, none of the door locks function from the key remote or from the lock button in the car. You have to lock and unlock the car using the key manually in the door lock.

My question is does anyone know how to prevent the alarm from going off? Maybe even using a programming tool? We’ve tried everything to try and get this car to run without issues, and when it runs it does great. But it always is one issue from being really good. And this issue I haven’t been able to solve.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
345 Posts
it should work, that switch was designed to disable the alarm (did it on my 98 lincoln continental too) when the hood is open (you don't want the alarm to come on while servicing it).
does it still alarm when the hood is up?

unless it's not that switch.

--------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/diybmwe46

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Can you remove the alarm module. Not sure where it would be locate but if OEM it might be plugged into optional equipment harness in trunk. On convertibles it left side behind trim.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
googled "remove alarm assembly e46" and got nothing. I've taken this to a BMW mechanic and he couldn't do it. Not going to be too simple I'm guessing

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts