BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So on my $500 740il rear door air bags have been disabled. There is a little sticker on the door jam that tells me this. It has to do with putting a child's car seat next to the door to avoid injury.
Does anyone know what I have to do to enable them?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Rear door airbags were only an option after 1998, except maybe the 2001's. Either way, they came from the factory disabled with that sticker. I've never dealt with them personally but my guess is they are both unplugged at the connector and not coded to the module. Easy to check the plug but you will need something like PA Soft to code/activate the rear airbags. A dealer or any shop that specializes in German cars should be able to code it for you if you don't have your own software.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
So on my $500 740il rear door air bags have been disabled. There is a little sticker on the door jam that tells me this. It has to do with putting a child's car seat next to the door to avoid injury.
Does anyone know what I have to do to enable them?
Here some info from the current newtis.info website for the e38/e39/e46/e53 sent to the US market: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...dules-with-steering-wheel-airbag-3234/2mD2PnI

And here's some info from my pic stash I've accumulated over the decades:

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry for not getting back to this post sooner. After I put my car back together is started to have more problems. I had to tear apart the lower timing cover again and fix an oil leak. I got it all done and this fixed my rear air bags. Now I have rear side impact airbags. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts