BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Keeping it surreal
43,253 Posts
Those look quite tasty.... if you`d care to send me a pair, I`d gladly mount them and give you my totally unbiased opinion of them.... :)

Regards,
Bob

(Actually, carbon steel is great for knife blades, axes, etc., but a rotor`s only job is to dissipate heat quickly....cast iron is unbeatable in that category, unless you want to drop around 8 grand on a full carbon-fibre setup....)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply .Do you believe these discs would perform as well as oem?Iasked about rusting and$80 dollar option for nickel plating all 4 rotors blinggg......

·
Keeping it surreal
43,253 Posts
Do you have any information on these rotors ?Ignoring the cost how do you feel about the design and material choices will they warp etc ?
IMHO, these are no better or worse than any others (although their heat-dissipation ability may not stand up to cast iron`s). Rotor warpage is almost non-existant on street-driven cars....It`s your money....

Regards,
Bob

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Do you have any information on these rotors ?Ignoring the cost how do you feel about the design and material choices will they warp etc ?
Sorry, I can't ignore the cost. Cheap zimmerman rotors work great for me autocrossing and on the track.

·
Registered
53 Posts
For Street use they might be OK, I would not use them for HPDE's. The drilled holes might look cool but, they will not handle repeated abuse at the track without cracking.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For Street use they might be OK, I would not use them for HPDE's. The drilled holes might look cool but, they will not handle repeated abuse at the track without cracking.
Thanks for input do you think they will crack because of the material or do you not trust drilled rotors ?

·
Black Mage
2,337 Posts
IMHO, these are no better or worse than any others (although their heat-dissipation ability may not stand up to cast iron`s). Rotor warpage is almost non-existant on street-driven cars....It`s your money....

Regards,
Bob
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't aluminum dissipate heat almost instantaneously? Or maybe that only applies to aluminum foil. :dunno:

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Steel dissapates heat best.
Aluminum next.
Then iron.
Iron resist heating to but holds heat longer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts