1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
330 2018...
I note that display brightness
changes depending on daylight conditions
On bright sun it is bright. When it is a dark-clouds it the display is on very low brightness.

It is set to maximum. Don't remember that there is an option for selection of adaptive ...

please clarify if it is possible to set constant high brightness.

Thx.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,055 Posts
330 2018...
I note that display brightness
changes depending on daylight conditions
On bright sun it is bright. When it is a dark-clouds it the display is on very low brightness.

It is set to maximum. Don't remember that there is an option for selection of adaptive ...

please clarify if it is possible to set constant high brightness.

Thx.
Do you have the digital dash? Because if not, your IP isn't backlit during the day--only when the headlights are on.

Or are you talking about the iDrive screen?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not dashboard. iDrive display. At night time it is perfectly bright. And I check it is on max for night, no daytime setting so it should be joint to other settings or preprogrammed to dim at low light conditions that is bad for me and after e90 is not comfortable.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also there are 2 places for display brightness:

1. if I remember correctly iDrive - Ambient light Sport or Comfort
2. in other setting it stays night time brightness

In both it stays on MAX

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,055 Posts
also there are 2 places for display brightness:

1. if I remember correctly iDrive - Ambient light Sport or Comfort

In both it stays on MAX
This setting has nothing to do with iDrive. This is, as it says, the ambient lighting--lights in the footwells, door panels, the light projecting onto the center console. Amber or white.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any idea why iDrive display is kind of dimmed when no sun shine?

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
any idea why iDrive display is kind of dimmed when no sun shine?
Of all the recent model BMW's I have driven including mine I can't ever remember the screen not being very readable in a wide variety of lighting conditions. The gauges (speedo and tach) can become momentarily difficult to read in very contrasty lighting. The lighting sensor and software do sort it out.

If the iDrive screen is dimmed too much you may have a software or sensor problem. Ask your dealer to check it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I will do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts