The Amsoil ATF meets those specs. ETL-7045E, ETL-8072B & N402
Amsoil ATF

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
The problem I see here is the same oil conforms to many other specs including Dex 3 and BMW says it's a no-no to mix. Can you really please all with one oil? (Rhetorical question)

That's actually interesting...I did not see those oils before. If they are specifically made to conform only to 8072B, then it sounds better to me than Amsoil fluid...:dunno:
Yes, you can often please many specs with one oil. Many specs overlap (or are near identical) and as long as there aren't conflicts there is no reason why one can't serve many. You'll see that there are other ATFs on their site also. The one I linked does not meet some of the other specs.

If you search both of those oils you'll see they meet other specs too. It's just not noted on the site. The Fuchs number is TITAN ATF 3353 if you'd like to research it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Your gutsy...at 98k with this damned ZF 5HP19, I'm not going to change it unless I start having problems (knock on wood), then will that maybe merit messing with it since that would still be cheaper than swapping it out.

I think if I do swap it out, I might be tempted to put in a manual :D
Lot's of guys change their fluid with far more miles than that. You're just now hitting the miles recommended by ZF for replacement.

> Sent: Monday, 11 September 2006 12:21
> Subject: FW: Lifetime fluid for ZF transmission
>
> It is the case that some ZF transmissions are listed
> for "fill for
> life" oil types, while this does sound as though the
> transmission will
> never need the oil changed there is a limitation of
> 10
> years that
> accompanies this statement.
>
> Please note that for me to clarify for you if your
> particular
> transmission is listed under this arrangement I will
> need the 10 digit part
> number which can be found on the ID tag located on
> the
> main transmission
> housing, passengers side, just above the oil sump.
> Not
> all ZF
> transmissions are recommended for this oil type.
>
> I hope this clarifies the situation somewhat for you
> but should you
> require any further information, please do not
> hesitate to contact me
> again.
>
> Thanks & Best regards
>
>
> Darren Hayward
> Service Advisor - Transmissions & Steering
> Commercial Vehicles & Passenger Cars
>
> ZF Australia Pacific PTY LTD
> Sales & Service Organisation
> 14 Lidco St, Arndell Park
> NSW Australia 2148
> Ph: +61 2 9679-5555
> F : +61 2 9679-5500

·
Registered
575 Posts
Meistersatz is an OE supplier to BMW, but that doesn't mean they make every filter/gasket/etc for BMW. Someone else may have made that particular filter.

For the 360 and 390R, both Elring and Meistersatz are offered, though neither are listed as OEM, but both manufacture for BMW, and both have proven to be of high quality.
http://eactuning.com/parts/product_details/24117557070

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.