Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the exact specification for the rocker jack pad adapter for the E36? As seen here : https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E36-M3-S52_3.2L/Tools/Jacks/ES259909/

My school has a machine tool shop and they make tons of stuff, my friend got a shift knob made by them. The best part is that its all free since its practice to them.

I don't know the all of the materials they use, but i know they use aluminum all the time.

My main questions are
- Does anyone have the exact specs for it?
- Can i use aluminum? (if not what do i use?)
- If none of that works, does anyone have alternatives? I'd prefer to use the factory side skirt jacking points.

I'm a teenager trying to learn. I'd just like the exact answer to my questions instead of the typical forum "just don't do it" line. If my question has already been answered please link me, i searched for a good while and was unsuccessful.

Thank you for your help and taking the time to read :)_a_

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
While I don't have the exact specs, if you have your OEM jack, you can measure the post that is inserted into the jack hole. For the pad area, it's maybe 4" diameter IIRC.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,154 Posts
And use a steel that can be safely welded without embrittlement, such as A-588. Remember, the pad can be mild steel (1018 ) since it will be under compression, but the bar must not be brittle at the weld where the pad is attached. Also, the spud that fits in the socket will need a groove milled in it to accommodate the guide built into the socket. As Ed (jonesin) suggested, use the jack as a pattern for the adapter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts