BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,865 Posts
noflash said:
I don't think you can have the Motion Sensor in a 'vert as it is in the roof.

Geaux Tigers!
In an earlier thread, I think someone said it's on the floor behind the front console...haven't see a DIY for it though...

Edit-- I found a thread on E46fanatics which talks about sensors and the convertible alarm...there's a link to more info there... it says the sensor is not part of the US alarm for convertibles, but the Euro version has it...not sure of accuracy.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=198084

Here's another:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=23070

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
noflash said:
I don't think you can have the Motion Sensor in a 'vert as it is in the roof.

Geaux Tigers!
Thanks that is what I thought. saw a note about motion sensors in a vert. but could not find info. Went to dealership today and they only have alarm without motion sensor. Thats better than nothing. Clown nose is blinking now but no alarm and thats about to change after all thiefs are stupid

Maybe we will be back in the college world series and I can visit with you! Geaux Tigers

·
Registered
579 Posts
tigerfan said:
Thanks that is what I thought. saw a note about motion sensors in a vert. but could not find info. Went to dealership today and they only have alarm without motion sensor. Thats better than nothing. Clown nose is blinking now but no alarm and thats about to change after all thiefs are stupid

Maybe we will be back in the college world series and I can visit with you! Geaux Tigers
Circle BMW has it. It is a complete kit except for the rear center console insert.

65730391495 E46 cabrio Alarm Kit with Motion Sensor Sale: $ 375.00

51167024827 E46 cabrio Center Console Housing - Schwartz Sale: $ 15.36
51167024828 E46 cabrio Center Console Housing - Gray Sale: $ 15.36
51167024829 E46 cabrio Center Console Housing - Beige Sale: $ 15.36

·
Registered
69 Posts
tigerfan said:

Hmmm... a CWS Bimmer Meet. I'm not sure they'd see us with all the RVs!

The Series is the only redeeming quality of Omaha. I have been several times, but I could never catch a game with the tigers.

Also, I lived in BR for several years. I would at a minimum recommend the shock sensor DIY. I'm not positive you can do it on a 'vert, but it is a fairly common mod that should come with the alarm and doesn't. Search for "shock sensor" and investigate. Motion Det would catch a smashed window, but I am thinking Shock Sensor would as well.

Good luck. :thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
noflash said:
Hmmm... a CWS Bimmer Meet. I'm not sure they'd see us with all the RVs!

The Series is the only redeeming quality of Omaha. I have been several times, but I could never catch a game with the tigers.

Also, I lived in BR for several years. I would at a minimum recommend the shock sensor DIY. I'm not positive you can do it on a 'vert, but it is a fairly common mod that should come with the alarm and doesn't. Search for "shock sensor" and investigate. Motion Det would catch a smashed window, but I am thinking Shock Sensor would as well.

Good luck. :thumbup:
best college baseball in the world is played in Baton Rouge except for once a year in Omaha when the tigers are there! Would love to have a bimmer fest in Omaha. May have to get a trailer to pull behind the RV or just drive out. Can't put to much in the trunk (golf clubs or coors light) but can work out that detail. Anyway something to think about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts