BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Retrofit ALL the things
81 Posts
I answered your PM. 5AD has nothing to do with TJA. From what I remember, by my F11 LCI FA coding didn't work, had to code the ICM by hand. I don't remember what anymore, check this topic, some info should be here I think.

BTW, some emulators still available. PM me for details.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put an emulator and did the encoding:
Added 5AR to the FA
VO coded SZL, EPS, KOMBI
FDL coded the following parameters:
FRM: PERSONEN_WARNUNG_STA --> aktiv
ACSM: Zentralsensor_Rollover_y-z_low_g --> aktiv
ICM: C_Stauerkennung_on --> on
ICM: C_Stauassistent_Vorhanden --> aktiv

When I press on the steering wheel it says that it is only available on the highway. On the highway when I am active, I'm wrong.
When I code to work on any road, but press the button, it gives a wizard error.

Can anyone give me any ideas?
It's a F11 11-2015 with Kafas2, EPS, ACC...

Could it be emulator with problems? Does it usually come defective?

·
Retrofit ALL the things
81 Posts
Hi, I'll answer here since the info can help others if the encounter a similar problem.

I unfortunately don't remember the specifics of the retrofit anymore, it has been a while since I did the ACC and TJA. Perhaps someone else can help you in the topic.

What I can say is that the emulator is not defective, or at least wasn't 5 minutes before packing. I test each and every emulator just before shipping on my car. It was 100% working.

What I do remember is that I coded the whole car with the correct VO and then additionally had to code the ICM, not sure why.

Did you VO code the ACSM module as well? It needed to be recoded for me as I retrofitted the ICM for ACC, but if you have ACC from the factory it should be good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the answer. ACSM is correct as indicated in the encoding here. Regarding ICM I have already tried VO and FDL as mentioned here and error continues. Even if you turn on the wrong 180º emulator, is there a problem?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know if I'm testing the best way either. After coding I turn on car I press the button and it immediately gives me error if coding for any road. If I don't encode this parameter by pressing the button, it tells me only on highways and when I get to the highway, it gives me an error when activating.

·
Retrofit ALL the things
81 Posts
To test if the emulator itself works, code TJA on all roads (ICM/3000/C_STA_Einschraenkung - set to "keine Einschränkung" to make it work on all roads ), turn on the engine, enable acc by pressing the button, then enable TJA by pressing the button. If the two L-shaped lines under the normal ACC lines on the instrument cluster remain on the screen, the emulator works. If they disappear and you get "traffic jam assistant error", then the emulator is not working or there is another problem somewhere. Alternatively you can check the errors in ISTA, the error for the not working module / emulator is "LIN Slave missing".

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is amazing and very interesting! Though question for you guys, do you have the source code for it? I already have Arduino for other functions in the car so would love to be able to implement it there, instead of adding new module. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Friends, I'm trying to get the HOD setup i'm on an 2018 i3s. I've enabled VO coding for 5AR.

Previously the HOD Module would light up with a blue LED but as i was trying to mount it in one of the wires disconnected. After reassembling the thing doesn't light up but i feel the current going through the module.

Looking for some guidance for any i3 Installs. I did a test run when the LED was still lit and i couldn't seem to get TJA activated.

Is that blue LED supposed to be on?

·
Retrofit ALL the things
81 Posts
Yes, the led should be on. It indicates the microcontroller is running and/or getting power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, the led should be on. It indicates the microcontroller is running and/or getting power.
Thanks Marvel.marv!

Ughh i guess i may have shorted it will have to start from scratch.

Any suggestion on the coding side? After adding 5AR I'm not sure how to activate the TJA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So Update, I made another HOD Emulator, i think the first one got burned out or something it wouldn't respond at all. I've hooked it back onto the car but it throws the ACC is malfunctioning. On the software side i've done nothing but add 5AR.

Any thoughts on what else may be missing?

·
Registered
817 Posts
So Update, I made another HOD Emulator, i think the first one got burned out or something it wouldn't respond at all. I've hooked it back onto the car but it throws the ACC is malfunctioning. On the software side i've done nothing but add 5AR.

Any thoughts on what else may be missing?
I think the i3 LIN signals may be handled differently. The difference between the F10 and F15/i3 is they have a BDC. I’m sure there is something else needed. The quidzel version for sale works with the i3/F15 but not the F10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
@josejoshua can you advise how you did the coding?
I have just added 5AR and then code manually to support all kind of roads and up to 99km/h.

I think your problem could be in missing SAS unit. Do you have parking assistant (automatic side parking)?

SAS is some kind of central hub for higher level functions in i3. I am not sure but ACC can probably work without it (until 5AR is coded). For sure it is required for TJA and parking assistant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have just added 5AR and then code manually to support all kind of roads and up to 99km/h.

I think your problem could be in missing SAS unit. Do you have parking assistant (automatic side parking)?

SAS is some kind of central hub for higher level functions in i3. I am not sure but ACC can probably work without it (until 5AR is coded). For sure it is required for TJA and parking assistant.
I do have SAS, I can try again. I wasn't sure how to activate it on the i3 I have 5AT or 5AS sorry i forget what that function was but i did add 5AR which gave me the TJA symbol on Start but then i would get thrown an ACC which worked but i couldn't get the steering side. =/ you're also using the HOD module on the i3 not a quidzel right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do have SAS, I can try again. I wasn't sure how to activate it on the i3 I have 5AT or 5AS sorry i forget what that function was but i did add 5AR which gave me the TJA symbol on Start but then i would get thrown an ACC which worked but i couldn't get the steering side. =/ you're also using the HOD module on the i3 not a quidzel right?
I have only this DIY HOD emulator used with a non TJA steering wheel (missing the BMW HOD ecu and capacity measurement harness on the steering wheel).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Guys, anyone can reach out to developer of this and see if we can get the source code? I have my own box for can bus translation and such in a car and would love to add HOD emulator, but would rather implement it directly into existing unit. THanks!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Guys, anyone can reach out to developer of this and see if we can get the source code? I have my own box for can bus translation and such in a car and would love to add HOD emulator, but would rather implement it directly into existing unit. THanks!
You went get far with CANBUS mate. It’s a LINBUS signal. And no, the developers of the quidzel, Sam, will not share the source code. The code for the DIY version is available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You went get far with CANBUS mate. It’s a LINBUS signal. And no, the developers of the quidzel, Sam, will not share the source code. The code for the DIY version is available.

Oh no, the can is for some other functions I have on the car and has been implemented already. And instead of running a second box for the lin (hod), I would love to implement that emulator to existing box I have (of course by adding lin to the ESP32 I already have).

And you know I must be blind. I do see compiled elf file posted for the DIY emulator, but not actual source behind it.

181 - 200 of 210 Posts