BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
221 - 240 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe try to read fdl data, if that works, unit should be there. Anyway when you coded with 5AR in FA, did you code also SAS?
Yeah, I'm able to read the FDL Data from the SAS option.

After VCM coding for VO i went back and coded the SVT the top of the tree for All the ECUs so basically reset everything in the FA to Vehicle Order.

Then i went in to code everything else. Along with STA_Einschraenkung, which was already active though.

My confusion right now is i'm not sure if the module is working or if i did something wrong. Would i know that TJA is working but not activated from the Dashboard?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, I'm able to read the FDL Data from the SAS option.

After VCM coding for VO i went back and coded the SVT the top of the tree for All the ECUs so basically reset everything in the FA to Vehicle Order.

Then i went in to code everything else. Along with STA_Einschraenkung, which was already active though.

My confusion right now is i'm not sure if the module is working or if i did something wrong. Would i know that TJA is working but not activated from the Dashboard?
When I had bad contacts on mine DIY HOD, my wipers started to wipe and it wasn't possible to stop them .

Do you have something like half brackets encapsulating those ACC double vanishing lines? If you see those after turning on TJA, it should be OK. Then you need to hunt some car in front of you on a road with clear and wide enough lanes. TJA is active when the little steering wheel is shown between those half brackets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I had bad contacts on mine DIY HOD, my wipers started to wipe and it wasn't possible to stop them .

Do you have something like half brackets encapsulating those ACC double vanishing lines? If you see those after turning on TJA, it should be OK. Then you need to hunt some car in front of you on a road with clear and wide enough lanes. TJA is active when the little steering wheel is shown between those half brackets.
Just checked, no half brackets ever pop-up, i get the steering wheel icon at start but then it throws a ACC malfunction error and it disappears and then everything performs like normal o_O

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alright, so i think i made some sort of progress, i recoded the SAS ECU and left it. When i started the car and tried to activate TJA it had the notification that it can only be activated on an expressway. So i knew that it was the STA_Einschraenkung, however, once on an expressway it shows as Malfunction. Also i recoded it to remove restrictions and even before i can try to activate TJA it just says TJA Malfunction.

Not sure if this is a module issue or a Coding issue at this point. May try recoding car to start from scratch. If anyone has any insights i'll gladly take it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Still can’t get this working, do you need a vibrating steering wheel?
You need a steering wheel that has power and lin supplier to the steering wheel electrics module. Have you even consulted the wiring diagrams in NEWTIS?

Your car also needs EPS, driving assistant plus package 5AT and the KAFAS2 camera as a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
902 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Late 2013, LCI
Please tell me what you added to your FA in an attempt to code the system?

I retrofitted the entire drive assistance system. I added 5AT then in time added 5AR.

·
Registered
902 Posts
So all I added was 5AR to the FA, then VO coded SZL, EPS, KOMBI and added the FDL codes
Well….that’s probably why it’s not working mate. You need 5AT as a prerequisite. May I ask what research you’ve actually done?

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don’t have 5DF in my FA at all mate. So I would say 5AT is definitely required.

·
Registered
902 Posts
5DF is ACC with Stop and Go. 5AR is an expansion of the drive assistant system. 5DF is included as part of 5AT.

5AT also requires FSC in the KAFAS ECU to enable all the functions. If your steering wheel is not heated or with a vibration motor I suspect you are missing prerequisite requirements.

·
Registered
36 Posts
5DF is ACC with Stop and Go. 5AR is an expansion of the drive assistant system. 5DF is included as part of 5AT.

5AT also requires FSC in the KAFAS ECU to enable all the functions. If your steering wheel is not heated or with a vibration motor I suspect you are missing prerequisite requirements.

I have the heated wheel.

The only option in 5AT i dont have is 5AG which is 'Active blind spot detection' is that why its not working for me?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The reason a don’t have 5AT is because the original buyer hated the wheel vibrating/moving while driving.

The hardware seem to be in the car but just not activated.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Circle
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Circle

·
Welcome everyone retrofit
144 Posts
The reason a don’t have 5AT is because the original buyer hated the wheel vibrating/moving while driving.

The hardware seem to be in the car but just not activated.
View attachment 1042108 View attachment 1042109
I think you have Kafas1 in your car, because in FA car (F11) you have 5DF and 8TH.
Kafas 1 doesn't have FSC, so Kafas1 doesn't have 5AS. 5AT will include 5AS and 5DF. You can get the FSC package of your car if you post your VIN to DagvG, hopefully He can help you see if you have Kafas2 or Kafas1.

221 - 240 of 263 Posts