BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great. Congratulations!
Can you share what was the issue? And if you needed to modify any hardware or coding to make it work for i3?
Thanks!
The issue was only a bad contact on one of the pins (I think it was LIN). I have fixed it already during the previous weekend. Because of lockdown here, it took a while to test it .

·
Registered
15 Posts
By the way, that emulator would be a good place to emulate also controller wheel turning by every roller movement to control the idrive by roller on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
By the way, that emulator would be a good place to emulate also controller wheel turning by every roller movement to control the idrive by roller on the steering wheel.
Sorry I didn't follow what you're trying to achieve. Can you please elaborate a little?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sorry I didn't follow what you're trying to achieve. Can you please elaborate a little?
I think he means controlling the IDrive from steering wheel controls, ie menu etc. But as we know the signals are on an entirely different bus. A novel suggestion all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
It would be nice if we could control NBT by the steering wheel roller button as it works with apple carplay. Because it works there, the emulator could just react also on the roller button signals and send with them also the corresponding idrive controller left or right turn.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It would be nice if we could control NBT by the steering wheel roller button as it works with apple carplay. Because it works there, the emulator could just react also on the roller button signals and send with them also the corresponding idrive controller left or right turn.
It’s a completely different signal mate that lives on an entirely different BUS. We have the emulator sending LINBUS slave signals. The iDrive controller sits on the KCAN2 BUS. It’s not possible.

Reactions: kamrankazmi

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think he means controlling the IDrive from steering wheel controls, ie menu etc. But as we know the signals are on an entirely different bus. A novel suggestion all the same.

Ok, if it is isolated and NBT would have to react, then the emulator is not the right place...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ok, if it is isolated and NBT would have to react, then the emulator is not the right place...
I’m not quite sure what this sentence even means, but it won’t work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It’s a completely different signal mate that lives on an entirely different BUS. We have the emulator sending LINBUS slave signals. The iDrive controller sits on the KCAN2 BUS. It’s not possible.

Thank you for more detailed explanation .

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m not quite sure what this sentence even means, but it won’t work.

Sorry, I just ment that in that case NBT would be the right place (maybe also OBD, not sure)

Anyway, thank you guys for the TJA emulator, it is a very good DIY which also saves a lot money.

And Dayvg, thank you for the document on the KAFAS 2 FSCs. That is a must read for notoric retrofitters .

JJ

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sorry, I just ment that in that case NBT would be the right place (maybe also OBD, not sure)

Anyway, thank you guys for the TJA emulator, it is a very good DIY which also saves a lot money.

And Dayvg, thank you for the document on the KAFAS 2 FSCs. That is a must read for notoric retrofitters .

JJ
I like to do my best to share the love :) it seemed the best kept secret for some time. Thank you :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! Is there anyone who can try with TJA1029 ? I cant buy 1027 only from china and I cant wait to test it in my i3. TJA1029 is a little bit different, I saw this: "TXD dominant time-out timer" is the difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi! Is there anyone who can try with TJA1029 ? I cant buy 1027 only from china and I cant wait to test it in my i3. TJA1029 is a little bit different, I saw this: "TXD dominant time-out timer" is the difference.
Hello,

I saw many Chinesse sellers offering tja1027 on aliexpress.

One of them:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Hi there, TJA1029 should also work exactly the same way as TJA1027. The TXD Dominant timeout timer is a fail-safe feature that temporarily disables the transmitter if TXD line is stuck at low voltage level, which shouldn't be the case if your emulator is functioning normally.

Some more details: this timer's timeout value is typically 12ms for which if the TXD line is stuck at 0V, the timer kicks in. But with 19200 baud rate, this should be more than enough time to transmit one frame and return to normal idle state hence reseting the timer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, TJA1029 should also work exactly the same way as TJA1027. The TXD Dominant timeout timer is a fail-safe feature that temporarily disables the transmitter if TXD line is stuck at low voltage level, which shouldn't be the case if your emulator is functioning normally.

Some more details: this timer's timeout value is typically 12ms for which if the TXD line is stuck at 0V, the timer kicks in. But with 19200 baud rate, this should be more than enough time to transmit one frame and return to normal idle state hence reseting the timer.
Thank you for detailed answer! :)

·
Registered
2013 BMW F11 520D
5 Posts
Hi, will this work on my pre LCI F11?
I have ACC, FCW & LCW.
It is a really late pre lci, i has already the NBT headunit in and not the CIC what is most likelyin a pre lci F10/F11

·
Welcome everyone retrofit
137 Posts
I have Kafas, not sure about Kafas or Kafas2, how can i tell?
Don't know about ICM, have to check.
No 5AS
You look on the windshield Kafas2 will have the same picture as the attached photo. I hope I'm right
dazzle_free_high_beam_assistant_slide_01_jpg_resource_1393417263050_79328c9a362dc9b5a7b1f7f98d...jpg

Screenshot_20210321-090842_Chrome.jpg

101 - 120 of 156 Posts