BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have Kafas, not sure about Kafas or Kafas2, how can i tell?
Don't know about ICM, have to check.
No 5AS
Sorry, I should have asked about 5AT, since you have ACC.
If you don't have KAFAS2, TJA will not work.
You can check here to see difference between new and old ICM

·
Registered
21 Posts

This is my Kafas, not sure wheter it is the 1 or 2.
Do you have esys or ista? can you connect with it to your car? you will need to use e-sys anyway if you are eligible for TJA.
The iDrive controler does not look like it if from NBT Professional, Do you have basic version?
Have you tried to search for kafas(2) part number with your vin at realoem.com?

·
Registered
2013 BMW F11 520D
5 Posts
have esys or ista? can you connect with it to your car? you will need to use e-sys anyway if you are eligible for TJA.
The iDrive controler does not look like it if from NBT Professional, Do you have basic version?
Have you tried to search for kafas(2) part number with your vin at realoem.com?
Yes i have a esys cabkle and ista and the other programs.
I have NBT with the widescreen.

I have search for the Kafas ecu on Realoem with my vin, when i google this al the parts are Kafas2.
Gonna check the physical module out in the car to be sure, but it seems i have Kafas2.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is the device available on ebay anyhow related to what guys did in this thread? I mean the implementation/design, not the functionality.

·
Retrofit ALL the things
66 Posts
No, it was available before we started as far as I know

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys, many thanks to all the contributors to this very useful thread.

My car has TJA from factory, but becase it had the ugly basic steering wheel, I decided to retrofit the sport one.
I took all the wiring and modules (including the TJA one) from the old wheel and put it on the new one.
The only thing I cannot swap is the steering wheel touch sensor.

Do you know if there is some way to fool the TJA module into thinking that it has a sensor?

Thanks!

·
Retrofit ALL the things
66 Posts
Hi guys, many thanks to all the contributors to this very useful thread.

My car has TJA from factory, but becase it had the ugly basic steering wheel, I decided to retrofit the sport one.
I took all the wiring and modules (including the TJA one) from the old wheel and put it on the new one.
The only thing I cannot swap is the steering wheel touch sensor.

Do you know if there is some way to fool the TJA module into thinking that it has a sensor?

Thanks!
Uh, this is exactly what this emulator we've done does. It replaces the TJA module so you don't need the TJA sensor in the steering wheel.

I have one piece still for sale (probably the last one I'll do since I'm moving up to G30 5er), PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uh, this is exactly what this emulator we've done does. It replaces the TJA module so you don't need the TJA sensor in the steering wheel.

I have one piece still for sale (probably the last one I'll do since I'm moving up to G30 5er), PM me if you're interested.
Hello Marvel.marv,

I would like to buy your last module if its still available. I am new to the site so I am unable to msg you directly.

Could you please send me a DM?

Thank you

·
Retrofit ALL the things
66 Posts
PM sent. I will make a final batch of a few pieces, if anyone's interested PM me.

·
Retrofit ALL the things
66 Posts
Marvel.marv, hello! Need one DIY HOD Emulator for BMW i3 :) Could you reserve one for me?
I am a new user. i can`t PM(
I don't think our emulator works in an i3. Someone can prove me wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't think our emulator works in an i3. Someone can prove me wrong.
Hello,

I can confirm that it is working good in i3 .

ISTA had only two errors, one that it should have different SZL and the other one saying that the car is in special testing configuration (because of that coding which allows all kinds of roads and bigger speed for TJA). Nothing you have to worry but dealer programming with ISTA will complain unless you recode the car without TJA (and maybe disconnect the emulator).

I3 has a big space in lower steering wheel trim, you can make it that you can disconnect it anytime without airbag removal (which is really super problematic in comparison to F10).

JJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I can confirm that it is working good in i3 .

ISTA had only two errors, one that it should have different SZL and the other one saying that the car is in special testing configuration (because of that coding which allows all kinds of roads and bigger speed for TJA). Nothing you have to worry but dealer programming with ISTA will complain unless you recode the car without TJA (and maybe disconnect the emulator).

I3 has a big space in lower steering wheel trim, you can make it that you can disconnect it anytime without airbag removal (which is really super problematic in comparison to F10).

JJ
What model year is your i3?

121 - 140 of 154 Posts