BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
@marvel.marv Is the Pololu A-Star 328PB really just a Arduino Nano every clone? I happen to have those just sitting around and was wondering if I can just flash directly into there.
Arduino Nano seems to have Atmega328 microcontroller whereas Pololu board has Atmega328PB. So essentially Arduino Nano should work as long as it is running at same frequency (16 MHz) and you use the same Atmega328 pins on Arduino board which were originally used in the Pololu based emulator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Arduino Nano seems to have Atmega328 microcontroller whereas Pololu board has Atmega328PB. So essentially Arduino Nano should work as long as it is running at same frequency (16 MHz) and you use the same Atmega328 pins on Arduino board which were originally used in the Pololu based emulator.
The "Nano Every" also uses the Atmega328PB but since only a binary is provided I'm not sure if any other assumptions are made.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Ok. The following specs show Arduino Nano Every runs on 20MHz clock, not 16. This would translate to a different baud rate than intended, and the emulator won't communicate with the vehicle.

Only other assumption is that whichever board is used, the Atmega328PB pins are matched with what pololu based system is using.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
In fact the link above shows Arduino Nano Every is based of Atmega4809 microcontroller, not Atmega328PB.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello friends, I had some spare time and managed to connect the LIN analyzer, not sure if it's exactly what's needed, I made some printscreens with what the tool was showing

I almost gave up on this as in the meantime I bought a TJA emulator from ebay that was advertised it will work on my car but didn't, after few seconds I had error message on dash and navi that driving assistance cannot be used

·
Retrofit ALL the things
66 Posts
Hello friends, I had some spare time and managed to connect the LIN analyzer, not sure if it's exactly what's needed, I made some printscreens with what the tool was showing

I almost gave up on this as in the meantime I bought a TJA emulator from ebay that was advertised it will work on my car but didn't, after few seconds I had error message on dash and navi that driving assistance cannot be used
Hey, that's some good data but without context it's useless :) what car, what year, what hardware is connected (our emulator, the other one, no emulator).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Hello, it was connected without emulator. Car is G31 2017.
Another question: is this data captured with or without coding TJA option into the vehicle?
Ideally you'd like to see this data before coding TJA. Then compare it with after coding TJA and when you press the TJA button on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another question: is this data captured with or without coding TJA option into the vehicle?
Ideally you'd like to see this data before coding TJA. Then compare it with after coding TJA and when you press the TJA button on the steering wheel.
Hello, TJA is present from factory, I only wanted to have it last longer without asking from time to time to keep hands on steering wheel. I did pressed the TJA button when capturing the data but cannot say indicate which data was related to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've also completed my HOD emulator to work on my 2015 F11. Everything works as expected.

I've opted for a little more compact layout. The LIN chip board is stacked on top of the MCU board:

I have a few spares assembled. PM me if you're interested.
Can you write me PM?

·
Registered
768 Posts
someone try it on F30 with 5AS equipment? very strange that's no FDL to make it works...
Because this emulator needs option 5AR to work, not 5AS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

141 - 156 of 156 Posts