BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Retrofit ALL the things
81 Posts
I made a final batch of 9 emulators, and in total I have 11 left. If anyone's interested, shoot me a message. I moved up to the G series, so soon I won't have the car to test the emulators on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sent you a PM :cool: got 2 spares available.
Hello @marvel.marv ! :)
I have a question, as you seem to have a unique knowledge :p
I wanted to upgrade my DA+/heated steering wheel to the F90 M-sport wheel.

Do you know, if there is any chance in upgrading the steering wheel to the Gxx platform?

Thank you in andvance! (if you want, you can pm me, as it‘s a bit OT in this thread :) )

·
Retrofit ALL the things
81 Posts
I do not know anything about retrofitting the g-series steering wheel to F-series car.

·
Retrofit ALL the things
81 Posts
Hi shikbas, I sent you a PM. The emulator comes as is - just the device. I can make the wiring as well.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Will this make ‘park assist’ fail?
Cheers, James
No, park assist uses a completely different concept and the HOD sensor plays no part in the park assist function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dncomputech

·
Registered
3 Posts
The LIN adapter IC (TJA1027T/20) is backordered at all the regular reputable electronics suppliers (all the other parts are readily available). There's one in Hong Kong who will ship them in a few days at $11/ea, with a minimum order of 5, and with $40 shipping, but that's not very palatable.

Are there any substitute parts which can be used? Failing that, does anyone have any spare chips they would be willing to part with?

·
Retrofit ALL the things
81 Posts
The LIN adapter IC (TJA1027T/20) is backordered at all the regular reputable electronics suppliers (all the other parts are readily available). There's one in Hong Kong who will ship them in a few days at $11/ea, with a minimum order of 5, and with $40 shipping, but that's not very palatable.

Are there any substitute parts which can be used? Failing that, does anyone have any spare chips they would be willing to part with?
TLIN1027-Q1 from TI seems to be pin compatible, but you'd need to compare datasheets if the communication specs are the same. Most probably not though :)

I have around 10 assembled emulators if this would float your boat as well. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·

Hi there, see if you can get TJA1029 which should also work exactly the same way as TJA1027. Following are some more details on differences.

The TXD Dominant timeout timer in 1029 is a fail-safe feature that temporarily disables the transmitter if TXD line is stuck at low voltage level, which shouldn't be the case if your emulator is functioning normally.

Some more details: this timer's timeout value is typically 12ms for which if the TXD line is stuck at 0V, the timer kicks in. But with 19200 baud rate, this should be more than enough time to transmit one frame and return to normal idle state hence reseting the timer.

Reactions: marvel.marv

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made a final batch of 9 emulators, and in total I have 11 left. If anyone's interested, shoot me a message. I moved up to the G series, so soon I won't have the car to test the emulators on.

View attachment 1035756 View attachment 1035757
Hi @marvel.marv : I am also from germany. As a new user (just registered to to this thread gg) can you please send me a message, I would be interested in your emulator (you hopefully have some left?!)... :) Thanks alot!

Best regards,
Oliver

·
Registered
59 Posts
Today I tried to install but without success in F11 LCI 10/2015
The car has the following FA:
1CA,1CB,1CC,1CD,230,258.2PA,2TB,2V3,302,316,320,337.3AG,3AT,423,430,431,441,456,488,494,4MR,4NB,4U2,4UR,502,508,548.5A1,5AG,5DF,5DL,609,610,688,698,6AK, 6AM,6AR,6NS,6WB,704.710.715,760.775,845,868,877,886,8KA,8S2,8S3,8S3,8TF,8TH

I added 5AR and coded the KOMBI, ICM, EPS and SZL
When the car is stopped, it says it is only available on the highway. I went to the highway, when I loaded it gave me an error,
I had to look at my client's FA and I think it should have 5AD.
My question that I can help is if I should instead of putting 5AD put a module with the buttons and code the whole car with 5AT + 5AR. What do you think?

161 - 180 of 210 Posts