Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 F10 and I want to do most routine maintenance myself. As far as I can tell all maintenance is "calculated" by the dealer. Can I get a normal maintenance schedule for this car and if I do maintenance myself, can I reset the car indicators that will show that maintenance is overdue? Thanks

·
Go Dawgs!
1,062 Posts
I have a 2014 F10 and I want to do most routine maintenance myself. As far as I can tell all maintenance is "calculated" by the dealer. Can I get a normal maintenance schedule for this car and if I do maintenance myself, can I reset the car indicators that will show that maintenance is overdue? Thanks
As far as "normal maintenance schedule," learn the ways of Mike Miller's Old School Maintenance. Search and ye shall find. Also, join BMWCCA, which will give you the monthly Roundel magazine, which includes invaluable repair advice articles from Mr. Miller every month. Worth every penny.

There is a hidden menu on your dash that allows you to reset service indicators for the basics, like oil change, brakes, etc.

I, like most of the other folks on here, do all of my own maintenance. These cars are pretty easy to work on, and this forum is an invaluable resource. I see that this is your first post - welcome to the forum and be a frequent visitor/inquisitor/contributor. :wave:

·
Registered
10,670 Posts
Here's a 2014 maintenance schedule in .pdf. While I'm clicking, here's a .pdf of the 2014 5 Series owners' manual, too. I don't think you can download them anymore from BMWUSA.com.

If you have a square set-up, you'd also benefit from tire rotation. BMW's changed their minds about that from what they said in the manuals back in 2014.

But wait... there's more! … selected torque values.

There's a bootleg electronic shop manual on newtis.info.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts