BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a silly question but do 325i wheel bearing/hubs work with 325xi? I want to replace the hub/bearing as one piece as that is how the Haynes manual recommends doing it. I also have about 0.007" run out from the wheel hub/bearing which is why I want to replace the hub and bearing in case the hub is bent at all. The reason I want to know if the 325i and xi wheel hubs/bearings are the same is that Rock Auto doesn't stock the front hub/bearing for the xi but they do stock it for the 325i. I called into my local parts retailer and they also only stock the bearing for the front on the xi. I'm wondering if this is because the 325i hub/bearing works with the xi as well, and would like to confirm this before ordering. If anybody has the answer or any experience with this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Rear might, front surely won't. I don't have xi, but I know how those RWD front wheel hubs are, there's no place for driveshaft.

·
Dave
122 Posts
The front wheel bearing are completely different on the all wheel drive models.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
This. Rears are the same, but they are 2 pieces and can't be installed as a single assembly so I assume you mean front.

·
Dave
122 Posts
This. Rears are the same, but they are 2 pieces and can***8217;t be installed as a single assembly so I assume you mean front.
Yup, pretty sure I said front. ***x1f60a;

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help everybody. I was able to find a front hub and bearing on FCPEuro. They're not one piece but this is the only dealer I've been able to find who supplies a front hub for this car. Thanks again.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Thanks for the help everybody. I was able to find a front hub and bearing on FCPEuro. They're not one piece but this is the only dealer I've been able to find who supplies a front hub for this car. Thanks again.
Best part is, FCPEuro will warranty ANY part for LIFE. Yes, even brake pads and oil filters!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Best part is, FCPEuro will warranty ANY part for LIFE. Yes, even brake pads and oil filters!
That's good to know, I'll be sure to remember to check FCPEuro when buying parts for my car. Never heard of them til now, thankfully I havent had to do too much repairs to this car so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts