BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 328 convertible, and I'd love to get some more HPs out of it but a guy once told me the car is too heavy so chips and cold airs won't help.

thoughts, suggestions, opinions?

what I woudln't do with some more horses....

:bigpimp:

·
Registered
52 Posts
garrettmarvel said:
I have a 328 convertible, and I'd love to get some more HPs out of it but a guy once told me the car is too heavy so chips and cold airs won't help.

thoughts, suggestions, opinions?

what I woudln't do with some more horses....

:bigpimp:
your car insnt too heavy, a chip and some bolt ons will make a noticeable difference

·
Registered
346 Posts
I heard that if the chipping is done by reprogramming factory ECU, it will get revert to BMW factory setting if you send the car to service at a $tealer. Because as soon as the $tealer plug the factory computer in, it will overwrite the "chipped" ECU.

Dinan offers free re-programming for this reason. (if you buy the chipping from them of course)

·
10,856 Posts
AC Schnitzer said:
no man, just plug and play! it's very easy to do.
1996 and later cars required programmin of the ECU. No swapping chips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
1996 and later cars required programmin of the ECU. No swapping chips.
does the programmer (chip programmer) void BMW warranty? is it a noticeable increase in power?

Thanks

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
I have a Turner/Conforti chip in my E36 vert. There is no noticable difference until you get past 4000 RPM.

Then throttle response is a bit sharper and it pulls a bit harder. But otherwise no difference. Was it worth $225....Probably not.

I wouldnt waste my time with a CAI.

Spend your money on a driving school or upgrading the brakes/suspension.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
People say the chips/software work well on OBDI cars, but does nothing on OBDII cars (96+).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.