BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What to do with the annoying X-band?

• Disable X-band, it is worthless.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Keep it on just incase, you never know if you may need it. Use the “city mode” (L or l).

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Keep it on, but tinker with the V1 to adjust the sensitivity and thresholds.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You better keep it on, because police really still use it.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 4 40.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The X-band on my V1 only seems good for finding grocery stores. I have never identified a police RADAR on the X-band so I was thinking about disabling it to reduce the number of false alarms I receive.

Has anyone seen police using X-band and where were they using it?

·
Registered
889 Posts
It seems that the Ct State Police have gone all laser, I haven't seen them in a very long time with a radar gun. :thumbdwn:

I've seen the locals with radar but since I don't have a detector I can't tell what band they're on.

I'm not sure a V1 would be worth the investment with the predominant use of laser here. Any opinions out there?

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zaphod said:
It seems that the Ct State Police have gone all laser, I haven't seen them in a very long time with a radar gun. :thumbdwn:
I'm not sure a V1 would be worth the investment with the predominant use of laser here. Any opinions out there?
LASER only works if they are sitting still. So if they only have LASER, they have to stop before they check your speed!!!

:thumbup:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
I disabled the X-band on my detector. All the State Police in my area use Ka and the local police use K. I got way too many false alarms, even with city mode enabled. Truth is, most new buildings (Rite-Aid, Supermarkets) use K-band for their automatic doors. If I was a cop, I would hang out in these locations and zap people. I always slow down in these areas, just in case.

·
3,440 Posts
Here in the South it's still used. I usually see it here in Tennessee and in Georgia. It's usually K-band, but occasionally you will see a police car radaring with X-band. We've only seen Lasar once (in GA) and it was a speed trap with the officer aiming the gun down into traffic from a bridge, while the officers below pulled everyone over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts