BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just bought a new to me 2013 335i sedan. This thing sounds awesome and I've been trying to figure out if this is stock sound or if it's upgraded. The exhaust tips seem to match the MPE package but I'm not 100% sure.

I definitely get the burbles on an overrun, but I don't know if that's normal stock.

The exhaust tips seem to be welded on, so I don't think it's just the tip(s) (hehe)

Can anyone confirm with these pictures if this is the MPE? If not, anything else I can photograph for a better idea?

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi all, just bought a new to me 2013 335i sedan. This thing sounds awesome and I've been trying to figure out if this is stock sound or if it's upgraded. The exhaust tips seem to match the MPE package but I'm not 100% sure.

I definitely get the burbles on an overrun, but I don't know if that's normal stock.

The exhaust tips seem to be welded on, so I don't think it's just the tip(s) (hehe)

Can anyone confirm with these pictures if this is the MPE? If not, anything else I can photograph for a better idea?

Thanks

the exhaust clamp and laser engraved M tips are things that indicate you have a MPE.

·
Porleau
1,537 Posts
When you open the hood, does the engine cover say 'M Performance' on it? If so, you may have the M Performance Power Kit (MPPK). If so, that might explain the burbling on overrun - especially if in conjunction with MPE.

·
Registered
588 Posts

I definitely get the burbles on an overrun, but I don't know if that's normal stock.....
You definitely have the Exhaust. The ///M and the corner of the underside external clamp part way up the pipe tell the story.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses all, appreciate it.

I unfortunately do not have MPPK, engine cover doesn't match, intake doesn't match and a forum member was kind enough to run my VIN and there was no record of MPPK installed.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
146 Posts
You'll get much better performance out of an aftermarket ECU tune anyway. IMO, the only reason to get the MPPK is for warranty preservation. It's more expensive than the best ECU tunes and it provides much less performance than aftermarket options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts