BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In my own cars again
1,402 Posts
Having my lower arm bushings replaced. Will I now neeed a front end alignment for my 2002 325i?
Not really a requirement, though it is recommended by BMW/Bentley/etc. When was the last time you had it done?

Depending on that answer, it might be a good idea....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not really a requirement, though it is recommended by BMW/Bentley/etc. When was the last time you had it done?

Depending on that answer, it might be a good idea....
About a month ago...all four corners. Also, reason I'm asking about the alignment is that I was wondering if my extended warranty will cover it. My thought is that if it is more than just the busshing replacement, then alignment should also be an integral part of doing the job correctly.

·
In my own cars again
1,402 Posts
About a month ago...all four corners.
Wouldn't bother then. The mounts have holes that position themselves on the car. Properly installed there should be little-to-no movement.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Having my lower arm bushings replaced. Will I now neeed a front end alignment for my 2002 325i?
I've replaced the control arms and bushings months ago. My steering wheel is still centered and tire wear perfectly even. So no alignment so far. Replaced rear shocks with bilstein HD's two weeks ago and yesterday the front driver's side struts. Surprisingly, the steering wheel is still centered and the car seems to track in a straight line.

So with just your bushings, I certainly doubt you need it.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,954 Posts
I've replaced the control arms and bushings months ago. My steering wheel is still centered and tire wear perfectly even. So no alignment so far. Replaced rear shocks with bilstein HD's two weeks ago and yesterday the front driver's side struts. Surprisingly, the steering wheel is still centered and the car seems to track in a straight line.

So with just your bushings, I certainly doubt you need it.
If you do control arms and don't get an alignment you are asking for trouble. I did this and it ate my tires because of toe. Car tracked straight and the wheel was centered, but that isn't a good litmus test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts