BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I am new here and am just about to purchase my first bmw.

I have narrowed it down to a couple of models, however i am stuck on which one to get.

I plan to replace the main cd/radio with an Alpine double din head unit complete with bluetooth hands free included. Now in order to utilise the blue tooth handsfree on the head unit do i need to get a model which already comes with blue tooth or one which does not have it?

Any help you guys can give would be much appreciated.

Chris

·
Registered
806 Posts
The best advice I can give you is DON'T. This isn't like a 1980's car where the only thing the radio has in common with the rest of the car is the 12v from the battery. The digital control bus for the car is integrated with the radio, and it's possible to really screw it up by going aftermarket.

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,419 Posts
Search the forum for "replace head unit". You'll get a number of links, including some threads that refer over to E90 post. People have done it for serious $, general complaints are loss of the wheel controls, bluetooth, etc.

Lots of $ and effort appear to be the general tone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.