Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to install my ice>link tomorrow...I printed up the installation instructions tonight off the Dension site to get a headstart, and what's the first thing I read? Make sure you have the vehicle's radio security code before disconnecting the battery cables! :dunno:

I don't believe the e39s have a radio security code, but can someone confirm that one for me? The last thing I want to do is lose all of my radio functionality...:mad:

If my car does have a code and it's something I'll need, can someone tell me how to go about finding it?

Thanks!

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
tommyg said:
Planning to install my ice>link tomorrow...I printed up the installation instructions tonight off the Dension site to get a headstart, and what's the first thing I read? Make sure you have the vehicle's radio security code before disconnecting the battery cables! :dunno:

I don't believe the e39s have a radio security code, but can someone confirm that one for me? The last thing I want to do is lose all of my radio functionality...:mad:

If my car does have a code and it's something I'll need, can someone tell me how to go about finding it?

Thanks!
I did audio work in two previous E39's and had the battery disconnected for hours, never needed a code. You should be fine without it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I had my battery cable off overnight on a 04 330i along with the radio disconnected while I installed the MP3 aux input and didn't need any code when I reconnected everything.

·
Registered
598 Posts
The factory radios aren't coded. As they are very integrated with the dashboard BMW
considers them being "theft resistant" so additional security is not needed. Indeed, Poland
is a country where they will steal pack of smokes left on the seat not to mention car
stereo, speakers and anything they can rip out of the car. Never seen a BMW with the
radio stolen, though.

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
tommyg said:
No security code needed in the e39 - you're good to go. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts