Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 96 BMW328i, and it claimed to have sport package. It has chrome, factory 16" rims, but i don't know if it has the sport seats/suspension. Does anyone have pictures that differentiate the sport seats to the non-sport seats? Thanks.

·
John Firestone
2,913 Posts
The '96 U.S. 328i sport package gave you:
  • 16" alloy wheels
  • Z-rated 225 tires
  • on-board computer
  • sports seats
  • sports suspension
  • leather upholstery
Is that what you have?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
johnf said:
The '96 U.S. 328i sport package gave you:
  • 16" alloy wheels
  • Z-rated 225 tires
  • on-board computer
  • sports seats
  • sports suspension
  • leather upholstery
Is that what you have?

I have the 16" alloy wheels, didn't check the width of the tire, have the on-board computer, leather, but I don't know about the seats/suspension.

My question was what is the difference between the sport seats and the non-sport seats.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
96bmw328i said:
I have the 16" alloy wheels, didn't check the width of the tire, have the on-board computer, leather, but I don't know about the seats/suspension.

My question was what is the difference between the sport seats and the non-sport seats.
THe most obvious difference should be an adjustable thigh support (its the rectangular piece of the bottom seat cushion that's separated from the main cushion and can slide back and forth). If you have it, you'll know instantly what I'm talking about. If not, then you won't and you don't have the sp pkg.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yea mine has those seats, and the HK sound system, The seats look like recaro buckets a lil, their leather with side bolsters and a sliding thigh support., i dont have 16" wheels though, how do i kno if i have the sport suspention???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
robg said:
THe most obvious difference should be an adjustable thigh support (its the rectangular piece of the bottom seat cushion that's separated from the main cushion and can slide back and forth). If you have it, you'll know instantly what I'm talking about. If not, then you won't and you don't have the sp pkg.

Thanks, I do have the sliding thigh support. I do have the sport package. Horray

·
Registered
29 Posts
have a dealer run your vin and they can give you a list of the options on your car. They would probably charge you a fee, find out how much and weather that information is worth the price to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts