BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WORST SERVICE EVER! DO NOT GO TO SANTA MONICA BMW!! I wish i could give negative stars. these guys are CON ARTIST! I just went to Santa Monica BMW for an air bag recall and was assured that I would not have to pay anything, they called me in the afternoon to say that the air bag issue may be a result of low battery power and they could not determine if the issue was with the air bag until i got a new battery. The battery costs $800 so I said no thanks, they suggest that I take care of the battery myself and come back. When i went to pick up the car they slapped me with a $140 bill. When I shared my situation with them and said the issues were to be fixed and looked at with no charge they dismissed it and took advantage of the fact that the people I spoke to were with BMW North America and a service manager that had left for the day. They proceeded to say that I could leave the car over night and deal with it tomorrow, knowing that I had no other means of transportation, they pretty much took my car hostage. I've spent more time then ive ever wanted to and was treated so poorly I NEVER want to go there again and strongly advise anyone who is thinking about going to Santa Monica BMW change their mind and go else where. It was the worst customer experience ever, they were misleading and extremely deceptive. I felt insulted and left extremely upset. Moral of the story:

DO NOT GO TO SANTA MONICA BMW

·
Registered
414 Posts
That's lousy. Did you climb up the chain of command before leaving?

·
Registered
549 Posts
wow, ive noticed many dealers do that latley. They give u an "standard estimate" which means if its not covered by warranty your responsible to pay even for just inspections.

South bay does it, and i guess santa monica which they told me theyd charge once, and pacific bmw, which is great on service and experience!

go to century west, greatly reccomend them, and pacific bmw as well.

Aslong as ur car is under warranty, this shouldent be paid for by you. not your fault it came out faulty!

if u need help being mean hit me up i enjoy doing this :p hahaha

·
Yes, they're real!!!
1,538 Posts
wow, ive noticed many dealers do that latley. They give u an "standard estimate" which means if its not covered by warranty your responsible to pay even for just inspections.

South bay does it, and i guess santa monica which they told me theyd charge once, and pacific bmw, which is great on service and experience!

go to century west, greatly reccomend them, and pacific bmw as well.

Aslong as ur car is under warranty, this shouldent be paid for by you. not your fault it came out faulty!

if u need help being mean hit me up i enjoy doing this :p hahaha
Wow, I've noticed many dealers do that lately. They give you a "standard estimate" which means if it's not covered by warranty, you're responsible to pay even for just inspections.

South bay does it, and I guess Santa Monica which they told me they'd charge once, and Pacific BMW, which is great on service and experience!

Go to Century West, highly recommend them. Pacific BMW as well.

As long as your car is under warranty, this shouldn't be paid for by you. Not your fault it came out faulty!

If you need help being mean, hit me up. I enjoy doing this :p Hahaha
Fixed! ;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Call BMWNA.

FM

·
Registered
549 Posts
lol honestly what a waste of time.. those were such mistakes that if i proof read and cared about i would have noticed but thanks!

·
Registered
549 Posts
and bmwna doesnt do anything at all... i called in when i had issues they said theyre private dealerships and can not be controlled, just when theyre inspected it shows up on their list or whatever

·
Yes, they're real!!!
1,538 Posts
lol honestly what a waste of time.. those were such mistakes that if i proof read and cared about i would have noticed but thanks!
It's one of my pet peeves! Besides, I think the corrections made the statement more convncing. ;)

·
YOU ARE NEXT!
1,036 Posts
That is really unfortunate to hear that happen to you. They love selling the car to you, but when they have to fix it, they love ramming you as well. I don't know what's up with Big Shot mentality with the dealers.

I had the situation back in 98 over at Rusnak Pasadena with my Audi A4, wow... I even saw them taking my car for a joy ride to the local McD's. I was having lunch in Old Town and saw my car passing by... WTF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts