BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering, its time to replace my dampeners, by rear shocks are shot to hell

but i plan on keeping as close to a stock suspension as possible. so can i just replace the dampeners and leave the sways and springs or are they "lifetime" parts ?

if the suggestion is to replace all, what is the closest to stock setup ? i was thinking konis and eibach ?

jeff

G

·
JLee said:
just wondering, its time to replace my dampeners, by rear shocks are shot to hell

but i plan on keeping as close to a stock suspension as possible. so can i just replace the dampeners and leave the sways and springs or are they "lifetime" parts ?

if the suggestion is to replace all, what is the closest to stock setup ? i was thinking konis and eibach ?

jeff
I replaced my sway bar bushings (which were shot at 40K miles) with OEM rubber bushings and I replaced my shocks with Konis. AFAIK, the sways themselves and the springs are lifetime items. The Konis are win/win shocks. They preform better than the OEM Boge shocks AND do not increase ride harshness at all. And they work great with the rest of the OEM suspension.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks ! now i need to either find a shop to do it or do it at the next DIY session on Nov 9th

how was the autox today ?

jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts