1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Yep... been talking about it for a week now. The E46 is aging rapidly and they need to keep it fresh against fresher competitors.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
bmwguynj said:
Any comments? Do you believe it?
This isn't speculation, BMW is making press releases. Believe it.

Neither affects me, since I'm sure the Performance Package will be overpriced, and I'm not interested in a coupe. :p

The only thing that tugs at me a little is that the 6-spd will be standard on the 330i in 2004. I wouldn't mind a 6-spd, especially if the 6th ratio is overdrive. I do a lot of 75 mph highway cruising on my commute, and it would surely improve my gas mileage.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
JPinTO said:
Yep... been talking about it for a week now. The E46 is aging rapidly and they need to keep it fresh against fresher competitors.
That must make the E36 a dinosaur. ;)

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
JPinTO said:
Last time I checked, it was still winning comparo's against so-new-they're-prototypes models.

You're just a crotchety bastard who won't appreciate his own car. Go buy an S4! :flipoff:

:p

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
JPinTO said:
I parked next to a '99 328i SP last night and was amazed at how much better it looked compared to any other car in class...

It didn't need a facelift.

·
...worked on the railroad
1,054 Posts
All I can say is that I'm very happy with my little ol' 184-HP 2003 5-speed 325i with his black leatherette, Topaz Blue, Premium Package and HK Stereo (picked him up 9 December 2002) - the shifting, acceleration and handling are great; I even like the red glow of the instrument panel at night! :D

For BMW to feel the hot breath of Infiniti, Audi, Lexus and Acura on its neck will only cause it to get better and not rest on its laurels - and no disparagement meant to those other fine cars!

I'm just waiting for it to stop raining in Southern California (yes, contrary to the song, it does rain in SoCal (between Oct-May) so I can wash 'Karl Bimmer'!

:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts