BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I think to myself . . . what the heck is wrong with me that I know SO MUCH about the E46. I've never had a car I knew so much detail about.

Just think of all the things we know . . .

- all the different steering rack dates
- every production change down to the month
- every option way too thoroughly
- every wheel type number
- which steering wheel for which year and whether it's a PP or SP
- where most rattles come from
- rear seats squeak and how to fix
- HK rattle
- window regulator rattle

etc. etc. etc. it's almost crazy . . .

Man maybe we need to stop being SOOOOO obsessed with this freakin car !!!!

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
I don't think we know ALL that much Alan, but I will tell you this much--my E46 has the nicest, smoothest V-6 engine of any car I've ever driven. Although I really prefer the G35, I constantly find myself remarking that the Bimmer's V-6 feels so much smoother and better balanced than the Infiniti's.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
hts said:
I don't think we know ALL that much Alan, but I will tell you this much--my E46 has the nicest, smoothest V-6 engine of any car I've ever driven. Although I really prefer the G35, I constantly find myself remarking that the Bimmer's V-6 feels so much smoother and better balanced than the Infiniti's.
Don't call your engine a V6 :mad:

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
nate328Ci said:
Don't call your engine a V6 :mad:
Why not? I call 'em as I see 'em.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Oh, it's not? Huh, go figure (I always thought it was).

Well, the other thing that I really love about my BMW is how those crafty German engineers solved the infamous 'torque-steer problem'. On EVERY other (Japanese) front-wheel drive car I've owned or driven, they always had terrible torque steer, but I've never noticed it on my Bimmer. Kudos to BMW engineers!!

:)

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
hts said:

Well, the other thing that I really love about my BMW is how those crafty German engineers solved the infamous 'torque-steer problem'. On EVERY other (Japanese) front-wheel drive car I've owned or driven, they always had terrible torque steer, but I've never noticed it on my Bimmer. Kudos to BMW engineers!!

Must be the LSD...

stay off the drugs kid.

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hts said:

LMAO . . . yeah Harrison, their engineering is incredible :lmao:

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
And have you guys ever wondered how the E46's suspension is so superior to most Honda's, even though they both have double-wishbones all the way around?

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
hts said:

GIT DOWN MAGGOT! DON'T EVER USE "BMW" AND "FRONT WHEEL DRIVE" IN THE SAME CONVERSATION!!!!

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
nate328Ci said:
Once you get the 330Cic, you may become famililar with the convertable top rattle and what each electric motor does :angel:
:thumbup:

Way to feed his desires Nate:p

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
TD said:

I don't know half of those things you listed either.
Neither does Alan, he just thinks he does:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts