BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit, ever since I had my alpine white 535i I have gotten plenty of complements from strangers. I have only had my car for about 6 months. Sometimes people just start waving at me and I don't even know these people. I have driven many cars in my lifetime and non of the other cars got as much attention as this one.
One time, I had these 2 girls riding up ride beside me on the highway to tell me they liked my car. So, in other words I LOVE MY 5!! Do you guys get attention with your car like I do or is it just me and my good looks??:D

·
<- Bailey
7,656 Posts
No, nobody has ever said anything to me. Maybe because I am not exactly hot, and am a bit of an old fart. :)

OTOH, I have noticed that I get some respect on the road. When people see them angel eyes coming up, I get consideration. In heavy, fast traffic, once I beat someone to a spot a couple of times, they never try to beat me, and just wait till I get through.

It helps to have tons of power at any speed.

·
Giant Robot
608 Posts
Not to me. There are a ton of 5-series in the SF bay area. They do get out of the left line more often when I come up behind them. People just ignore econocars there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
They do get out of the left line more often when I come up behind them. People just ignore econocars there.
Some on the left lane actually slammed brakes when I came up behind them. So it does get noticed.

·
Giant Robot
608 Posts
Hehehe, I don't get that close! I think black is menacing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
beleive it or not , the other day a woman in a Cayenne pulled me over to say that she liked my car. i was slow, so i said thank you and I drove away... now, i think i am dummest person on earth

·
3 pedals only!
2,713 Posts
While I've gotten a few compliments, I got an interesting one about my license plate.

A woman walks by and says, ,,Sprechen Sie Deutsche?''

After a quick ,,Nein," she enquires about why my car has Munich license plate, complete with the appropriate stickers and such. I then went into my description of European Delivery, which is next to impossible to explain in less than 5 or 6 sentences.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I've defenitely received more looks driving my 5er than compared to when I had my jeep. Lots of thumbs up from other BMW drivers, and lots more rice burners (equipped with chrome rims of course) reving their engine at stop lights when I'm next to them.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
5's are quite rare here. So we get lots of looks. Many of the 5's you do see are 530 or 535. Lots of 3's in this area.

I've had a few people (only had the car a few months) when pumping gas say they really like the looks of the car and always say something about the interior(Oriental Blue on the Auburn interior really pops).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here on the Westside, they are everywhere.

Like cockaroches.

·
In Heaven
2,971 Posts
?????? I bought my car for me, not for the attention I potentially would get...???

Nobody ever told me anything, except they liked my plate...:thumbup:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Actually I receive many more comments and questions about my Honda Ridgeline than about my 535i.

·
Giant Robot
608 Posts
I read somewhere that California takes 25% of BMW's production. Looking around here, I believe it. Can't drive anywhere without seeing plenty of them, old and new. There are over 3600 listings with the word BMW in them for the SF craigslist.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
No attention in the bay area (for that you need a Carrera GT or Enzo :D)--and that's just how I like it. ;)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
YES!!! ever since I got it this hot blonde has been stalking me wanting to open red wine and have wild $ex!!!

·
Dark Force
127 Posts
Its only a 5, not like a supercar. For total strangers to come up to me and say nice car?? haha....I dont even get that with my C4. I guess depends on where you live. Places I go to...BMW is just the european version civics....strangers don't wave at civics.

·
Registered
39 Posts
beleive it or not , the other day a woman in a Cayenne pulled me over to say that she liked my car. i was slow, so i said thank you and I drove away... now, i think i am dummest person on earth
hhaahaha rico suave. that poor girl must have felt like s*&%.. lolol thats a funny story

·
Registered
57 Posts
I get more stares from the way my mountain bike looks.....

My kids go to a school where there are many nice cars picking kids up.... some driven by a F1 driver....... when he arrives people tend to look at..... him, his car(s) and I sometimes catch myself wondering if I'm in the right job !!

·
Giant Robot
608 Posts
Twice I've been stopped about the Scion xA, both times by women in their 50s-60s. Boo yeah, baby! Ahem.

If you seriously want to attract women, get a large convertible like an old e320 or a Solara. Women, young and old, are crazy-go-nuts for them.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
I get more stares from the way my mountain bike looks.....

My kids go to a school where there are many nice cars picking kids up.... some driven by a F1 driver....... when he arrives people tend to look at..... him, his car(s) and I sometimes catch myself wondering if I'm in the right job !!
Cool bike! What model is that; Scalpel? I used to ride Cannondale:thumbup:

Note: I probably look at 5's more so than 3's (minus the drop tops). Maybe b/c they are less common that the 3? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts