BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you folks wax your rims or just give em a once a week washing? Was planning on blitz-ing my rims. Is this worth it? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Definitely. The biggest benefit is reduced effort cleaning off the brake dust. The wax keeps the dust from baking on to the rim.

Go for it!

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I should have asked this as well. Should you use a polymer based wax over a canuba based wax on the rims? Or does it not make a huge difference? Spending that kind of money on zaino to wax my rims scares me.

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
02330ci said:
Thanks guys, I should have asked this as well. Should you use a polymer based wax over a canuba based wax on the rims? Or does it not make a huge difference? Spending that kind of money on zaino to wax my rims scares me.
I think the main benefit with polymer is better resistance to heat... doesn't "melt" off the rims.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
same question

I asked the same kind of question on the 'I cleaned my wheels' post. If you have the painted and clear coated finish, would giving them a treatment with Mequair's Quick Wax or Quick Detailing Mist work okay for the low effort/cost?

If you go with the polymer, how many steps and which products are recommended?

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Re: same question

scottn2retro said:
[B

If you go with the polymer, how many steps and which products are recommended? [/B]
One step with most polymers, Zaino, I believe, is more of a science :D I'd skip the Quick Detail sprays, better to do a coat of wax then just keep them washed, the benefit of a waxed rim is ease of cleaning brake dust when washing it.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
alee said:

I think the main benefit with polymer is better resistance to heat... doesn't "melt" off the rims.
Other than Zaino, can you recommend an off the shelf polymer that I should try on rims?

I'm sticking with Blitz for the car (benefit to having a lighter color). I Blitzed the wheels ~ mid February and it appears to be gone:( :cry: The dust isn't coming off as easily as it used too:mad:

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
PM 325xiT said:
Other than Zaino, can you recommend an off the shelf polymer that I should try on rims?
I know Meguiar's has a polymer one, and Klasse is acrylic. Bavarian Autosport also sells a wheel wax that is supposed to be tolerant of high temperatures.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
vexed said:

And neither do the pounds :D (sorry for being off topic could not resist)
Hey buddy :mad:

Go run another 8 miles and keep to yourself;)

Rip - Is that decision based on some suggestions???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.