• No.

Votes: 49 66.2%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, do you? Do you have the BMW alarm on your E9x, installed by the dealer, the factory or diy'd? Curious minds want to know.

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
Shouldn't you have made this a poll?

My answer: No (and I am pre-wired)

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't make this into a poll :D But to answer the question, I'll be getting my alarm installed on Monday and my car is pre-wired :)

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shouldn't you have made this a poll?

My answer: No (and I am pre-wired)
Gimmee a minute!! It takes a minute to make the poll. :p

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
Oops.... :eeps:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I'm both yes and no.

Yes on my previous e90 and now no on my e93.

What can I say?
I'm wishy-washy. :p

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Had I known that they stopped pre-wiring I would have gotten it. Didn't do my homework well enough on that one before ordering.:tsk:

·
Chicks dig Wagons!
4,846 Posts
Slightly OT, but I'm curious as to how many posters (if any) have non-BMW alarms. I had a non-OEM alarm installed in a Honda Accord many years back, and then went on to have electrical problems for a long time afterward. Since that car, I've never allowed anything aftermarket to be installed that has implications for the electric system of the car (even relatively benign stuff like new head units, bluetooth modules, etc).

·
False Enthusiast
1,669 Posts
I do not have an alarm. I had a car once that had an alarm and I had it disconnected.

Car alarms are an annoyance, not a call to action. When was the last time you heard a car alarm and rushed to the scene to see what was happening.

jummo

·
Registered
52 Posts
My car came with the alarm installed at the factory. I am not sure if I would have ordered it if I had the option.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes, OEM DIY. At least it will wake me up if someone decides to break into it or take the wheels off.

·
detour in Ingolstadt
3,180 Posts
If it gets stolen, you get a new one. Who would alarm it?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts