1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
I don't, for fear my wife would shoot me! :angel:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Man, don't tell me I'm the ONLY gun owner in this forum?!

I enjoy target practices...The gun is mainly for use at gun ranges.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
I dont own a gun, I have thought about getting one quite a bit. I own 2 bows though. One a compound bear hunting bow, and the other is an antique javan bow that is art more than weapon. The only defense weapon i own, is a 2 inch diameter solid copper black jack

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hack, you are not alone!!!!

The HACK said:
Man, don't tell me I'm the ONLY gun owner in this forum?!

Hey Hack...You are not alone. I'm exmilitary and a great fan of TR, so that may explain it. I also understand and appreciate firearms, ie what they are designed to do and I have no illusions.... To each his own, I just don't like it when someone tries to impose their value system on me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Re: Hack, you are not alone!!!!

aldo said:

Hey Hack...You are not alone. I'm exmilitary and a great fan of TR, so that may explain it. I also understand and appreciate firearms, ie what they are designed to do and I have no illusions.... To each his own, I just don't like it when someone tries to impose their value system on me. :thumbup:
Agreed 100%:thumbup:

I've almost bought a glock three times now, I love everything about it except my hands are much bigger that the grip. I hear you can buy them made for bigger hands but havent really asked around. Do you any of you gun fans know anything on this? Or maybe a capable alternative. I do like the desert eagle, but I just love the feel of the glock except for the grip.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'd like to, but I haven't taken the time to jump through all the hoops that the People's Republic of Massachusetts requires to own one. (I'm not even talking just handguns or a CCP here, which I don't currently want/need.)

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Re: Hack, you are not alone!!!!

aldo said:

My wife used to be a police officer so she's comfortable around guns...

Oddly enough, for a gun owner I do not share a lot of the views NRA does, and I happen to agree certain amount of gun control is good for the society. Frankly I see no need for civilians to be able to get their hands on, say, an AK-47 or Colt MP-5, weapons designed specifically for the military.

And I do agree with taking "saturday night specials" off the street.

:dunno:

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Yes more than one.

I am particularly a fan of stainless steel semi-autos that are available with pre-ban hi-capacity magazines. I don’t like the flashy chrome “DC-Gun” look, so I try to go for the stainless steel that has a flat-black coating or paint.

Right now I am shopping for a small (for carry) Glock in 9mm.

·
KWiK
223 Posts
only one...

without the UTL

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
KWiK said:
only one...

without the UTL

Good idea, but I already have one, but my USP Compact is a 45cal and stainless.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Re: Re: Hack, you are not alone!!!!

The HACK said:

My wife used to be a police officer so she's comfortable around guns...
Oh, so THAT's why you like handcuffs so much!

Oddly enough, for a gun owner I do not share a lot of the views NRA does, and I happen to agree certain amount of gun control is good for the society. Frankly I see no need for civilians to be able to get their hands on, say, an AK-47 or Colt MP-5, weapons designed specifically for the military.

And I do agree with taking "saturday night specials" off the street.

:dunno:
Me too!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I got 2 sig sauers
1 glock
2 AR-15's (one pre ban with collapsable stock and bayo lug),
1 HK91 clone
1 russian sks
1 rugar 10/22
1 rem. 870

traded another sig pistol for my eclipse tv head unit and cd changer

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Re: Re: Hack, you are not alone!!!!

The HACK said:

Frankly I see no need for civilians to be able to get their hands on, say, an AK-47 or Colt MP-5, weapons designed specifically for the military.
Well that's kinda like only sticking it halfway in, isn't it? Personally, I don't see the distinction...like the ingredients in hot dogs being parts is parts...guns is guns...right? :dunno:

I don't see any real need for civilians to have weapons like those either, but I don't see that as a reason to keep people from obtaining them. How many "Assault" weapons are in the civilian inventory in the US? How many of those will ever be used for a bad (for lack of a better word) purpose? Is that worth preventing everyone else from being able to posses them?

1 - 20 of 169 Posts