Bimmerfest BMW banner

Do you still check .org from time to time?

• Yes

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Not anymore

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you still find yourself checking out .org from time to time?
That's the place I started to learn and have fun with BMWs before I bought one (my dream since I was about 10 years old) and I was checking it several times a day. Then things changed there and I was reading it less and less often. Then I moved here (I don't know if the word "move" is a right one for someone with about only 100 posts) and was checking the two kind of simultaniously. Then I was checking the . org maybe once every two days. Then once a week. Now I don't even bother. The place became a joke. How about you? Do you fear that this board can become something like the .org at some point?

·
She's baaaack! :-)
1,625 Posts
Yes.

I certainly like the format of this board better, but the .org board is where I started many years ago and I still have affection for it.

I don't read it as often these days, but I have always received great answers to my questions. There's just not much Z activity on this board - hope that will change!

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
I only go there when things on this board are extremely slow. I don't even remember the last time that I posted anything there, but it's been a long time.

I got tired of the banal conversations that went on over there. I also grew tired of the format changes that Charlie and Alan kept promising, but for some reason never delivered on.

I consider the .org to be a board for novices, while the Fest is for more seasoned veterans.

The only thing that I'll say about the 'Lounge' aspects over at .org is that it's so 3rd grade that it's pathetic. :tsk:

·
Banned
214 Posts
I see the elitests of bimmerfest have decided to obstain from your little query. :lmao:

Most everyone checks out roadfly. Bimmerfest was created in the interest of leaving roadfly to have a virtual space where flame wars, personal attacks, just intelligent conversation existed with everyone patting everyone on the ass.

What I found most contradictory was the so called intellect here is actually comprised of the largest collection of mentally challenged individuals of any BMW board I've ever run into.

They cannot engage in a spirited discussion, exhanging barbs, riveting insults, brutal opinions, etc and come away knowing the people they have just conversed with are still their friends or enjoyable aquaintences in this virtual coffee stop.

Every single time, feelings are hurt, friendships are damaged, and the humor and admiration of each fellow individual breaks down into barbarism.

It's truly hilarious!

It is my opinion that many of the bimmerfest elitest cannot survive without this virtual reality. Their true reality is lacking something which supposedly this virtual space is providing. When personalities mix which disturb their "Neverland", they become irate and childish.

They also cannot escape totally from home, roadfly.org. I posted two threads, one of which was locked. :lmao:

Titled: Why the comparisons and How the roadfly umbilical stretches.

These discussions broke down totally. :lmao: EugieBaange then posted a thread about the Bimmerfest community, censorship, deleted threads, locked threads, etc so forth. He proclaims to be all for free speech but it's so easy to ruffle his hair, get him pissed off and then suddenly the thread disappears. Ripsnort and In da Haus have a 15 year friendship which if you believe everything on the boards is over because of a stupid thread which centered around which car colors have clear coat and which don't. I personally believe this is a hoax set up by the two of them, with TD coming into the fray later on. TD is always pushing the line "Why oh my is Ripsnort mad at me?":lmao:

Next thing you know here they go again on the hurt feeling train ride. :lmao:

The bottom line is this is a virtual reality.

"Ding Ding" Well the little red trolley awaits my boarding back to reality. I'm having fun here in the land of make believe. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Razzmatazz said:
Ripsnort and In da Haus have a 15 year friendship which if you believe everything on the boards is over because of a stupid thread which centered around which car colors have clear coat and which don't. I personally believe this is a hoax set up by the two of them,
Pretty pathetic huh? Sadly, no, this isn't a hoax set up by Rip and myself. For reasons only he knows he has chosen to stop speaking to me because of a stupid "clear coat" discussion.

I do agree with you Razz and the others that have said it...it's just a darn chat board...it's not life.

Haus

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are here to unite around our common interest - our cars. Let's not make it more that it is. But also let's not diminish it. For Christ sake, our wives do not have any idea what we are talking about, my bmw dealer does not even know what "E46" means. We are here because we share the common interest and passion and that is all. Let's just leave all the anger and personal prejudices at home and "bring this community together." I do like the style here at the 'fest and I hope it stays this way or improves. This is the best BMW related board I've seen. Let's keep it this way. As we've seen in the .org example, it is really up to people who post to make it happen. I do want to have my daily bmw forum to check. Let's not ruin this thing.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
Razzmatazz said:
I see the elitests of bimmerfest have decided to obstain from your little query.
O.k. I'll admit it.

I check Roadfly still...

We human beings are creatures of habit.

Unless there is an inhibition force, behaviors are tough to
extinguish...

Today's Roadfly.com is a far cry from what used to be known as bimmer.org.
It reminds me (now) of Edmunds.com.
Nothing really wrong with that - it's just different.

I lurk, but I'm not sure if I'll ever post there again...

Bimmerfest (to me) is similar to what the old "dot.org" used to be...

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
GalBimmer said:
Yes.

I certainly like the format of this board better

>>>Me too.

I don't read it as often these days, but I have always received great answers to my questions. There's just not much Z activity on this board - hope that will change!
>>>It's getting there. I'll try to answer any questions you have.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Jon Shafer said:

Roadfly is a far cry from what used to be bimmer.org.

>>>I agree and they act like nothings changed. We'll solve all our problems with software, but it just doesn't happen.

Bimmerfest (to me) is similar to what the old "dot.org" used to be...
>>>I think that it's better. Hopefully, the members can keep it that way.

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,541 Posts
Yeah, I still take a gander.

Most of that is 'cause the 5 series board here is pretty dead. I don't ever look at the E46 or 2002 boards there, though.

But, just as I wait to electronically pay off my entire credit card balance two days before the due date, I will only take from that board and never, ever give back. I will also never, ever refer a new person there.

There are places like this for the E46 and another for the '02 that are a wealth of well-intentioned information without the bad aftertaste of seasoned veterans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts