BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Do you think that I could retro-fit this steering wheel?

1352 11
Vince? :p

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
21 signals. :p And most of them probably linked up into a multiplexer. Actually our present multi-funtional wheel has a multiplexer already. Meaning if you press the volume button and the cruise on/off at the same time, only one signal will go through. But the cable can detect multiple signals. Am I confusing you already? :eeps:
ah, you can figure it out :thumbup:

Get back to us with part numbers and a DIY :flipoff:
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
21 signals. :p And most of them probably linked up into a multiplexer. Actually our present multi-funtional wheel has a multiplexer already. Meaning if you press the volume button and the cruise on/off at the same time, only one signal will go through. But the cable can detect multiple signals. Am I confusing you already? :eeps:
No. But I eat digital logic circuits as snacks and consider books like these to be light reading. :p
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Am I confusing you already? :eeps:
Well, those diff controls aren't gonna do you any good with your open diff. :lmao: :lmao:
You have one too
Kaz said:
Well, those diff controls aren't gonna do you any good with your open diff. :lmao: :lmao:
But he whines about it a lot less. *ducks*
nate328Ci said:

You have one too
If you stopped driving like a granny you would be too :flipoff:

I can't stand the wheel slip :(
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

But he whines about it a lot less. *ducks*
I hate ADB-X. I'm less concerned with times than with fun, and wheelslip is FUN. :) It's also a lot less likely, with onle 70% of torque on the rear wheels.
nate328Ci said:

If you stopped driving like a granny you would be too :flipoff:

I can't stand the wheel slip :(
How's the multiplexing?

Vince -

How many wires are the current steering wheels multiplexed down to?
Not being able to hook up is fun? It is annoying as hell :mad:

The times aren't a big deal, it is incredibly annoying to feel like I'm spinning only one tire :confused:
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

I hate ADB-X. I'm less concerned with times than with fun, and wheelslip is FUN. :) It's also a lot less likely, with onle 70% of torque on the rear wheels.
Nate, I think that would look really cool, and you would definatly be the envy of the bimmer community. But, to make that wheel most functional you will want to change your steering rack to one with about 1 1/2 turns lock to lock :D (or less:dunno: )
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.