BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Do you use a detailing spray after it rains to get rid of dirt spots?

• Yes, I let it dry, then use a detailing spray

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Yes, I let it dry, Calf Duster it, then use detailing spray

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I wash it

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Of course not! Are you nuts? It's just a car!

Votes: 4 18.2%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
None of the above . . .

Of course not! Are you nuts?

I have a Roadster garage queen in SoCal - I don't drive it in the rain :D

However, I do dust and use Meguair's Detailing Mist before putting the car cover back on (in the garage) :)

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
I last washed my car last in June. It looks the same now as when it was newly washed.... so I figure, who cares? The brake dust is starting to get a little noticable though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
alee said:
I don't let it dry... I dry it myself as soon as it stops raining, and then follow with quick detailing spray. :D
A: What if you are in between washes and the car has a little bit of dirt. Do you stick towel it down? Just trying to figure out.... wouldn't the dirt scratch the surface if you're toweling? :dunno:

Cheers,
Drew:bigpimp:

·
5,820 Posts
disneyducks said:

A: What if you are in between washes and the car has a little bit of dirt. Do you stick towel it down? Just trying to figure out.... wouldn't the dirt scratch the surface if you're toweling? :dunno:

Cheers,
Drew:bigpimp:
If a Calif duster will do the job with the dust, I'll do that. Otherwise a damp cotton towel to wipe down the car followed by Speedshine and microfibre cloth.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
alee said:
I don't let it dry... I dry it myself as soon as it stops raining, and then follow with quick detailing spray. :D
Al can only get away with this becuase his car is always clean. Therefore the rain did not adhere dirt to his car, it only got it wet.

But I would caution against it since there can be air borne particals that the rain can place on your car.

Also I think Johnlew (hey, get to work the markets are open:eeps: ) gets away with his duster after rain because his car is silver.:dunno:

If mine gets wet, the duster does not touch it until I have either washed it or detail sprayed. I detail spray after rain if the car was 90% clean prior to the rain. If dirtier I wash it before either spray or duster.

·
5,820 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Also I think Johnlew (hey, get to work the markets are open:eeps: ) gets away with his duster after rain because his car is silver.:dunno:

If mine gets wet, the duster does not touch it until I have either washed it or detail sprayed. I detail spray after rain if the car was 90% clean prior to the rain. If dirtier I wash it before either spray or duster.
After a rain, I either wash or wet towel clean IF the car was very clean before the rain. I agree with your 2nd comment and do the same.

And, I am working. Don't worry about me. But thanx anyway.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
johnlew said:
And, I am working. Don't worry about me. But thanx anyway.
I'm not worried I was just kidding as a carry over from the discussion between you and atyclb:) Please no offense intended;)

·
5,820 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

I'm not worried I was just kidding as a carry over from the discussion between you and atyclb:) Please no offense intended;)
I didn't take it as such and I suppose should have put a smily or something afterward to convey same. I know you were kidding. Believe it or not, have a good day going already. Hope the same for you. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts