Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're working with BMW to run regular tests and gather feedback to develop the App. To make that happen we're looking for real drivers to get involved. What's your experience been like? Are you interested in having a direct impact on its future?

We'd love you to join our community! Reply to this thread and let me answer your questions .

Or you can find more info on our website https://www.testbirds.com/bmw-cars/

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's buggy, unreliable garbage... Which is sad considering they need to catch up to Audi and other carmakers who get it right.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your feedback! BMW are committed to getting this right and we're looking for real users to help them do just that! We're running regular tests to gather feedback and give drivers a voice in the development of the app.

Hundreds of drivers have joined the community from all around the world and we'd love you to join too. Each round of testing is paid :)

You can read more information and sign up here: https://www.testbirds.com/bmw-cars/

·
Registered
680 Posts
I just don't see the point of it. I've read through all of the things you supposedly can do with it, I even picked a destination once before getting in the car, it would have been just as easy to load the destination with the voice commands after I got in. The remote unlocking and finding the car can be useful, except we have a Ford that does the same without quirks, and the feature is free, not a subscription. The locator currently thinks the car is 50 miles away, in a place I've never been to, with a 1/3 of a tank of gas, it's actually full. BMW needs to debug this and even then I don't get it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't use it a ton, but I like the app. I particularly like how I can search destinations on my phone and the navigation just starts when I get the car. I'll head over to your site and sign up now!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I use mine to ventilate my car on hot days as I'm leaving my office. I've used the remote door lock feature to lock the car on a couple of occasions when I forgot to do so. I've checked the mileage while filling out paperwork without having to go to the car.

All in all, I think it's pretty handy.

·
PimP Of The Year 1976
25 Posts
I use mine to ventilate my car on hot days as I'm leaving my office. I've used the remote door lock feature to lock the car on a couple of occasions when I forgot to do so. I've checked the mileage while filling out paperwork without having to go to the car.

My car locks automatically when i leave the car. Key fob in my pocket, and after 2 meter away from the car it locks, and unlocks.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,607 Posts
The app has great nostalgia value: It reminds one of what life was like at the dawn of the internet, when buggy-ness was expected.

We have two BMW's in the garage now. We have had up to four at any given time. There a 100% probability that the app will not be able to locate / communicate with at least one of our cars at any given time. Sometimes, refreshing the app half a dozen times will make it work. Often it's just useless.

If your team is the developer, I hope you have a side gig.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I do use it somewhat often. I'm sorry to hear folks aren't having good experiences. I will say I had an issue with the 3D view at the beginning. Since iOS update, no issues since - yes, a little slow to render 3D view. Gas/total range display appears to be consistent with what the car says. No issues with remote start - have yet to use the "schedule remote start". Alarm trigger notification works - got a couple already. Also used the destination a few times w/o issues - input destination the night before, got into my car next morning and it worked as expected. I'm sure I'll eventually regret saying all this and all the issues will surface....haha (fingers crossed). Wonder phone/iOS has anything to do with those experiencing the issues/buggies. FYI, i am using iPhone 11 pro with iOS 13.2.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't use it a ton, but I like the app. I particularly like how I can search destinations on my phone and the navigation just starts when I get the car. I'll head over to your site and sign up now!
Awesome! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just don't see the point of it. I've read through all of the things you supposedly can do with it, I even picked a destination once before getting in the car, it would have been just as easy to load the destination with the voice commands after I got in. The remote unlocking and finding the car can be useful, except we have a Ford that does the same without quirks, and the feature is free, not a subscription. The locator currently thinks the car is 50 miles away, in a place I've never been to, with a 1/3 of a tank of gas, it's actually full. BMW needs to debug this and even then I don't get it.
yikes! Sounds like you'd have some great experiences to share. Are you still in your free subscription period? Uncovering these different bugs drivers are experiencing is a big part of the work we're doing with them!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the app even its buggy.......use to remote start my car
Great to hear you're finding it useful despite the bugs. BMW would love to hear all about the bugs so they can fix them for you! Would you be interested to sign up? We pay you for every test you take part in :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

GENIUS! Nothing worse than getting into a baking hot car - when you can't even touch the steering wheel (ouch!). me :flame: my car
We'd really love you to tell us more about your experiences - are you interested in joining our community of drivers?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The app has great nostalgia value: It reminds one of what life was like at the dawn of the internet, when buggy-ness was expected.

We have two BMW's in the garage now. We have had up to four at any given time. There a 100% probability that the app will not be able to locate / communicate with at least one of our cars at any given time. Sometimes, refreshing the app half a dozen times will make it work. Often it's just useless.

If your team is the developer, I hope you have a side gig.
:rofl: Who doesn't love a bit of nostalgia ;)

The multi-car garage situation sounds frustrating (except for the multiple BMW part - just jealous about that). Would love for you to take part in a test so we can get all the info to BMW that they need to fix it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do use it somewhat often. I'm sorry to hear folks aren't having good experiences. I will say I had an issue with the 3D view at the beginning. Since iOS update, no issues since - yes, a little slow to render 3D view. Gas/total range display appears to be consistent with what the car says. No issues with remote start - have yet to use the "schedule remote start". Alarm trigger notification works - got a couple already. Also used the destination a few times w/o issues - input destination the night before, got into my car next morning and it worked as expected. I'm sure I'll eventually regret saying all this and all the issues will surface....haha (fingers crossed). Wonder phone/iOS has anything to do with those experiencing the issues/buggies. FYI, i am using iPhone 11 pro with iOS 13.2.
Glad to hear it's behaving well for you! :) As we're working to improve the app and reduce the issues, I very much hope you won't regret saying it. Even if your experiences have been positive, we'd also love to have you join our testing community. It's helpful for BMW to know which systems are behaving in the way drivers expect too. Or you might get the chance to see some beta versions and we can iron out those bugs ahead of release so that everyone else ends up with an experience even more positive than yours :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
My app stopped working 1 week ago. It is frozen with the status on my car from 12/2/2019. It never worked with the remote functions. Called Connected Drive multiple times and they tired everything. All the registration and subscription are fine on their side. 2 tickets have been filed and nothing has come of it.
I would love to use the app..if it worked! Its for a Brand New 2020 M550i. 3 months new and can't figure out a software bug

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh no! That must be so annoying!

Part of the work we're doing is to find and solve bugs like this BEFORE new versions are released. We'd love you to join the community and help us report issues like this to BMW! I hope this particular issue is fixed soon!

·
Registered
680 Posts
yikes! Sounds like you'd have some great experiences to share. Are you still in your free subscription period? Uncovering these different bugs drivers are experiencing is a big part of the work we're doing with them!
I'm not paying for any of this now, I didn't know it was a subscription service. I would not pay for it. See I just want to things to work, I have no interest in being a Beta tester. If a product is severely glitchy like this, I just abandoned it, with little chance of me ever trying it again. You should have sorted it out before you released it.

Like I said, my 19 Ford's have the same feature and it works, so I use it. BMW? FAIL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.