BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if they had to turn over their acceptance receipt to EH Harms and if so, when they got it back? I can't find mine, but I need it for my CCA rebate. I can't imagine what I did with it, but the Harms checklist includes "bill of sale" as a required document for drop off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If I remember correctly (we did our ED last June), you have to produce your Euro title documents at the time of turning your car over to Harms, but then you take the documents with you. I have all of mine at home as a part of my souveniers from the trip.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I knew I wasn't crazy. I dropped my car with a driver in Naples so there was no opportunity to make copies.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try sending an email to jessicab at ehharms dot com. I hadn't gotten a copy of the Condition Report when I dropped off so I emailed Harms US and they sent me a scanned copy via email.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to close the loop on my own question so the answer is in the archives. The acceptance receipt and all other documents will be delivered with your vehicle at US pick up. Also, Jessica at EH Harms was very helpful and was able to email the documents in the EH Harms file the next day, however, these consisted of the shipment order, condition report, power of attorney, EPA declaration, insurance paper, purchase order, and Wallenius sea waybill. A number of other documents, including the German registratation papers, shipping papers, window sticker, and the acceptance receipt, were not part of the EH Harms file, but were all included with the other vehicle documents at delivery. Mystery solved!

Zundfolge
E90 335 Xi, 6MT, Crimson Red

·
Registered
329 Posts
It must work a little differently in Munich. At Harms in Munich, I took away all paperwork that was given to me at the Welt except the copy of the Purchase Order prepared at my dealer in the US. (I took the registration papers, insurance certificate, acceptance receipt, green window sticker, map of nearby gas stations, etc.) I am fairly certain Harms did not keep anything I had in the folder I received at the Welt except the Purchase Order. I reviewed the folder after Harms was through and did not seem to be missing anything. Harms gave me copies of the documents that were prepared upon drop-off at Harms (i.e., the Harms shipment order form, vehicle condition receipt, power of attorney for US customs and an EPA form I signed).

I took the folder with everything in it on the plane with me back from Germany 6 days ago, and I have already applied for the BMWCCA rebate. (I called BMWCCA and was told you can apply as soon as you have the Acceptance Receipt, but you do have up to 60 days after you get your car in the US.)

I hope I'm not causing you any unneccesary worries, but it sounds like our experiences were different.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries. Got my car with all papers and have sent in my rebate form. I think things got screwy with me because I was not able to drop the car at a Harms facility, but rather, met the driver in Italy and made the exchange on the street. It was a bit frustrating that nobody was able to say what papers were where or how I would get them, but as it turns out, they all showed up with the vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts