BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I was wondering if my F30 328 has the sport plus mode. I hit the sport button many times but it only switches to sport mode.
Also, how can I configure i-drive to display the horsepower & torque information on the monitor?
Mine is a F30 base model, if that matters.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sport+ is on sportline cars only. You aren't missing much. Split screen is only if you have navigation I think but I'm not 100% on if anything else is required.
Thanks for your quick response.
Yeah I don't care much since I ride on comfort most of the time LOL. Will try to sport mode more often after the kick-in period.

· Registered
4,157 Posts
I had Sport+ coded on my car and I love it. Makes a difference if you have an automatic - the shifts are pretty close to dual clutch fast, firmer and it disables traction control at the same time. Just get it coded.

· Registered
215 Posts
I had Sport+ coded on my car and I love it. Makes a difference if you have an automatic - the shifts are pretty close to dual clutch fast, firmer and it disables traction control at the same time. Just get it coded.
Where can you go to get your car coded? How much is it? Is there a DIY section that lays out how to get this done?

· Registered
170 Posts
just to clarify.....Sport + does NOT increase shift times. You need Sport Auto Transmission (2TB) to be coded as well in order for Sport+ to increase shift times.

All Sport+ does is activate dynamic traction control.....and wont downshift your gears, even on kickdown

· Registered
4,157 Posts
Tell that to the guy who coded me car. He holds coding meets for southern CA and his explanation is that the only different between sport AT from factory is a nicer shift lever and the paddles. The programming is the same. After getting it coded there was a noticeable change in shift behavior in sport+

· Registered
4,157 Posts
And what do you mean it won't downshift on kickdown? That's what kickdown is. So are you saying the sport AT is different hardware? I think it's he same ZF 8 speed in all the 3's just with different software

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.