BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Does anyone have an actual pic of the 4.8 bumper?

1254 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  benathon
I finally found out that I have to replace my front bumper. I heard its around $400 but I don't know which part it is actually replacing. Do you understand what I am asking? Am I just replacing the black part? or the black and the colored part? Thanks.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
If your bumper is being replaced, it is the whole thing; black and painted part.

What year is your X5? Now would be a good time to upgrade to the 4.6/4.8 look.
benathon said:
I finally found out that I have to replace my front bumper. I heard its around $400 but I don't know which part it is actually replacing. Do you understand what I am asking? Am I just replacing the black part? or the black and the colored part? Thanks.
I have a 2004 3.0. So is this bumper the black part and the part where my headlight washers are? That's what I have to replace right?
Yes, the 4.8 bumper come in one part. The black and the colored you are talking about is one piece.
benathon said:
I have a 2004 3.0. So is this bumper the black part and the part where my headlight washers are? That's what I have to replace right?
4.8 front bumper with PDC + HL washer pics

benathon said:
here are the pictures of the front 4.8 bumper with holes/bracket for PDC + headlight washers. Got it from Crevier BMW... Ask for Vaheh...

Attachments

You should replace the stock plastic mesh grills in the bumper with Race Mesh. I've wanted to do this for a while but haven't got around to looking into it just yet - waiting for spring. Anyone else done that? I think it would look much better than the stock plastic.
tq2k said:
here are the pictures of the front 4.8 bumper with holes/bracket for PDC + headlight washers. Got it from Crevier BMW... Ask for Vaheh...
Do you have pics of the race mesh grills?
X5Jay said:
You should replace the stock plastic mesh grills in the bumper with Race Mesh. I've wanted to do this for a while but haven't got around to looking into it just yet - waiting for spring. Anyone else done that? I think it would look much better than the stock plastic.
Great pics, explain alot! What did you have to pay for the bumper?
tq2k said:
i just made the upgrade to my 04 3.0

i just did this to my 04 3.0 because of a fender bender. be prepared to spend an extra $100 or so if your 3.0 does not have the headlight cleaning system. without the system there is no attatching point for the sprayer nozzles through the bumper.

just got it back today and the change looks great. looks right at home with my 20" 4.8 rims.
Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted/needed. I have a few questions: What is the part number? Price? Does this have the headlight washers? Thanks.
tq2k said:
Here's the part number and price from Vaheh:

51-11-7-146-578 PANEL 1 435.00

This part is for X5's with PDC and Headlight washers.
benathon said:
Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted/needed. I have a few questions: What is the part number? Price? Does this have the headlight washers? Thanks.
Hi,
Thanks alot. Does it come white? or did you already have it painted? And do you happen to have the rear part number and price as well? Thanks again.
tq2k said:
Here's the part number and price from Vaheh:

51-11-7-146-578 PANEL 1 435.00

This part is for X5's with PDC and Headlight washers.
Part #'s and prices for the rear:

51-12-7-062-601 COVER 1 155.00
51-12-7-062-599 COVER 1 87.00
51-12-7-062-600 COVER 1 87.00

The parts come primed and the picture shows the bumper already painted in alpine white. To give you an idea the painting cost came up to $500.00 for everything.
benathon said:
Hi,
Thanks alot. Does it come white? or did you already have it painted? And do you happen to have the rear part number and price as well? Thanks again.
Plz. take some pics when you install the the front and rear.
Im sure many of us here wanna see how its done.

Thanks from Sweden.

Two black X 4,4 -05.
tq2k said:
Part #'s and prices for the rear:

51-12-7-062-601 COVER 1 155.00
51-12-7-062-599 COVER 1 87.00
51-12-7-062-600 COVER 1 87.00

The parts come primed and the picture shows the bumper already painted in alpine white. To give you an idea the painting cost came up to $500.00 for everything.
Yes I would love to see a DIY before hand. Is the rear just a bolt on? I don't really wont to drill holes in my car.
Daniel B said:
Plz. take some pics when you install the the front and rear.
Im sure many of us here wanna see how its done.

Thanks from Sweden.

Two black X 4,4 -05.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.