Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wondered which font BMW used in the catalogs and brochures. Now just by chance I've learned that it's called BMW Helvetica, which is developed by BMW and is copyrighted.

Does anyone know where to get the font set ?

·
600 Posts
i've always assumed it was helvetica or a slight variation. i would think their version is proprietary and would need to come from them.

standard helvetica [mac] on the other hand is common, as is arial [pc] which is very similar.

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
I've always wondered which font BMW used in the catalogs and brochures. Now just by chance I've learned that it's called BMW Helvetica, which is developed by BMW and is copyrighted.

Yes, I know someone that has it. :angel:

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
SARAFIL said:
That's not what he's looking for. He's looking for the actual font that they use in all the internal documents, brochures, and literature.
Sorry, My bad, Do you have a sample of it? or a site were it is? Bob

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
1RXTECH said:
Sorry, My bad, Do you have a sample of it? or a site were it is? Bob
Yep.

Attachments

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
I'd like to get my hands on it too!

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:eeps:

thank you

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
I wonder why BMW bothered to create a variation fo Helvetica? It looks pretty much the same as the regular version? Does anyone notice the difference?

·
600 Posts
robg said:
I wonder why BMW bothered to create a variation fo Helvetica? It looks pretty much the same as the regular version? Does anyone notice the difference?
it's a very slight difference. for instance, comparing the Helvetica-Conth font posted in this thread to the font BMW uses in their ads and web graphics:

• "a" has a smaller tail
  • "e" has a higher waistline and less hook
  • "c" and "s" have less hook to their curls
  • "k" has a higher waistline
also i don't have a helvetica bold or black to compare to their headline font, but i think the ends of the "C" are more horizontal than standard. i'm sure there are more differences, albeit subtle ones.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Alex Baumann said:

Please tell me you're trying to forge a Bangle email to van Hookeydink and tell him to stop f**king up the design of our cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts