BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was trying to talk gf into buying X3 instead of X5, but she seems to like X5 better. Does anyone know if X5 will change style soon? Thanks, Rion
 

·
We want the Lion!
Joined
·
7,771 Posts
The X5 is a better value in my mind. You can buy a slightly used X5 and get much more vehicle for not much more cash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
I can't say much about the looks as of now but, as long as it can compete the way it does now then i'll be satisfied in the direction its going. I hope it still has that aggressive-muscular look like mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
By looking at the timeline that BMW usually sticks with between remodeling their cars, the X5 is definitely due for a new look in 2006. I'd say that article is probably right on the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
It's too bad how the next X5 will abandon the traditional BMW interior styling. I know the E53 X5's dash is a little more futuristic than the driver-curved ones of the E46 and E39, but you still feel right at home with everything within effortless reach.

This Buick-size dash concept in the E60 really doesn't warm me up. They should, at least, make the iDrive only available with the nav, like in the E90. That way, we can all start ordering Nav-less X5s and avoid the infamous knob. :eeps:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
I have navigation in my car and there is a knob that works exactly like the iDrive knob except its on the right side of the nav screen. Its placed away from the driver which I always thought made no sense. I can change cd tracks and radio stations on the steering wheel so there is no need for the tuning knob on the left side of the screen. It should have been on the right side of the screen and bring the scrolling knob closer to the driver. I think if they could have kept the same interface and just placed the knob used for scrolling somewhere a little more convenient for me than they would have a first class navigation system. Anyone with a 16:9 navigation feel the same way?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
B-Mer said:
I have navigation in my car and there is a knob that works exactly like the iDrive knob except its on the right side of the nav screen. Its placed away from the driver which I always thought made no sense. I can change cd tracks and radio stations on the steering wheel so there is no need for the tuning knob on the left side of the screen. It should have been on the right side of the screen and bring the scrolling knob closer to the driver. I think if they could have kept the same interface and just placed the knob used for scrolling somewhere a little more convenient for me than they would have a first class navigation system. Anyone with a 16:9 navigation feel the same way?
I'm guessing they designed it for the german driver in mind, with their steering wheel on the right side.
 

·
I know a thing or two...
Joined
·
7,439 Posts
SNaray8442 said:
I'm guessing they designed it for the german driver in mind, with their steering wheel on the right side.
What part of Germany drives with the steering wheel on the right side?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
SNaray8442 said:
I'm guessing they designed it for the german driver in mind, with their steering wheel on the right side.
If that were true, then wouldn't BMW (and other car manufacturers in general) also equip their cars with manual transmissions to have the lower gears located closer to the driver, the way it is here in the U.S. and other places with left hand drive? I mean 1st gear, 2nd gear, etc. are located on the left side of the tranny, and as you shift in to higher gears your moving the shifter to the right side. :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
SARAFIL said:
What part of Germany drives with the steering wheel on the right side?
Germans don't drive on the right side...wrong country bro :D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top