Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 3 series, 325i; 2002,

* What is the special windscreen that's known as The Climate Confort type (I translate this from German!). What is the purpose and is it worth it. The salesperson told me it is to filter out Infrared light and for people with sensitive eyes, but he was not sure.

* Is the Jacquard Grey cloth seat cover material good?

* And what about the BMW Reverse radio/cassette player, is this a nice quality radio/casette player, if I order this instead of the CD player (same price).

Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Hadley said:
For the 3 series, 325i; 2002,

* What is the special windscreen that's known as The Climate Confort type (I translate this from German!). What is the purpose and is it worth it. The salesperson told me it is to filter out Infrared light and for people with sensitive eyes, but he was not sure.

* Is the Jacquard Grey cloth seat cover material good?

* And what about the BMW Reverse radio/cassette player, is this a nice quality radio/casette player, if I order this instead of the CD player (same price).

Thanks in advance for the input.
Hey Hadley,

So, let's see if I can enlighten you on those :

* I'm guessing we're talking about the 'Klimakomfortwindschutzscheibe' (hehe, what a nice german word it is , isn't it?). Well, your salesguy wasn't wrong at all. It's a windshield with a special layer of filter to prevent UV and Infrarot rays. Under the sun, the interior is 10°C cooler than a car with a normal windshield.

*Frankly, I like the jacquard quality very much. Feel free to choose everything other than velours ( I'm glad BMW doesn't have velours)

*As for the Reverse radio/cassette player, I don't know whether you're an audophile but I always found the BMW radio and cassette players to be too expensive for the quality they offer. (Not that I'm unhappy with mine, but it indeed is expensive) If you're not choosing the CD-Changer, I'd get the in-dash CD Player any day.

Alex

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Alex,

Hi Alex, very nice to hear from you and thank you for your valuable feedback;

I will take the special windshield. And in case you have time maybe you can help me with the following also;

- I had the impression that the Jacquard was somewhat thin and would not last, that was my hesitation. People say leather is not practical, only for looks, and unduly expensive.

- I could not yet decide between CD and Casette player, casettes still seem to be more practical, but probably will be totally out of fashion soon. And I hope the BMW Reverse radio is as good as the BMW Business RDS I am using on my 520. Otherwise I do not expect much.

- The RDC tyre pressure check system was not advised for me since I get 16" tyres, I was told this was useful for 17" tyres.

- And I got the impression that they are not sure about what type of trim comes around the side windows! in the 325, chrome or black, it seems I will be getting body paint colour side trim below the windows.

- I have to take an accessories set designed for Turkey, no other alternative, includes many things, like GSM phone, auto-clima, rain sensor, electrical folding side mirrors etc. etc. etc. In addition I plan to take Automatic Trans, headlight washers, side airbags for rear passengers, multifunction non-sport leather steering wheel, orthopedic adjustable back support for driver seat. And the colour is TOPAZ.

I was planning a 318 but thought the 4 banger would rev so much and my wife will probably drive this car for at least 100,000 kms or even more, so the 6 inline with more than enough power will run cool and easy and not create any problems for me. Also the smoothness and feel of the 6 is a joy to live with (I drive her car from time to time). Nothing in between 318 and 325 available in Turkey, otherwise 320 would be ideal for her.

Thanks in advance if you can provide any more feedback for me.

Hadley.

P.S. Although I speak only English and French, I really like long German words. Also I noticed your using the word Enlightenment; my latest hoby after cars (a bit of contrast maybe) is indian philosophy where enlightenment is the goal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts