BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under impression it is included in all German and luxury cars, I always had with Mercedes and Lexus. But BMW. It isn't big deal for me, just curious if a dealer accidently pulled it out at delivery.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you pick up your car in Germany,there is is a first aid kit and a warning triangle in the car.They take everything out of the car stateside when arriving at the port.You can take these things out bar or delivering the car to the shipper and return it to the car after picking it up from the state side dealer.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
If you pick up your car in Germany,there is is a first aid kit and a warning triangle in the car.They take everything out of the car stateside when arriving at the port.You can take these things out bar or delivering the car to the shipper and return it to the car after picking it up from the state side dealer.
On my last 2 EDs I left those items in the car and they were still there when it arrived at the dealer...

·
Registered
889 Posts
I remember when they use to have a rechargeable flashlight too. These little things are nice to have as a backup and it's stupid that they take them out for cost cutting.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
It really makes no sense that they remove them. What do they do with them once they have been removed anyways? Ship them back to Germany and put them in the next group of cars coming here, or do they just toss them? What is the point of this?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
that warning triangle is way overpriced.

·
German Engineering Junkie
589 Posts
Germans have an understanding that Americans are cyborgs and aren't susceptible to pain or injury, especially while driving a BMW.

(I also have a big freaking first aid kit that I had since my infiniti.)

·
Registered
889 Posts
i know the triangle is in an elongated plastic case, but there's a slot to the left of the first aid kit, what is that?

best pic i could find and it looks bright orange/red

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just Friday bought my wife a "new" 2013 535i, trading in her ''08 535i which BTW had the first aid kit (but no triangle) along with a reversible screwdriver and an open end combo wrench. Each succeeding year of BMW has less and less in the way of tools. The old E30's had practically an entire tool kit compared to now. The new car has only the tow hook, that's it. I put the first aid kit in (yes, I kept it when trading the old car), along with the combo screwdriver, but I always keep a small tool kit in my cars anyway. I also put the wheel alignment tool (saved from a long-ago Bimmer) in there, JIC. I have a spacesaver spare in the trunk along with a decent scissors jack since the '13 cars have no spare at all. The big problem is that spare has to ride in the main trunk as there is no provision for one underneath. Stupid.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought the first aid kit through Amazon, but screwed up and bought the BMW Motorcycle First Aid Kit. Later, I bought the correct BMW Auto First Aid Kit and the Safety Triangle to fit in the trunk lid compartment.
Buy the motorcycle kit. It is the better of the two. Lots of experience using the contents on active grandchildren.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts