BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm bumping this older conversation. I am having the exact same issue on my 2004...started around 54K miles as well. Did an ATF flush and the problem persists. I am curious if others have tried the LUCAS transmission fix. Since my AT doesn't seem to be losing fluid or leaking, will this help me? I don't want to overfill the AT by adding fluid either. Thoughts?

Anyone have an udpated solution?
When you did the flush did you drop the pan and change the filter?

Have you had the transmission software update?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yes, I replaced the filter. I have not tried the software update yet. I will also do that.
Good. Did you perform the procedure or a trusted mechanic? I guess what I'm getting at is there any chance the tranny was under filled?

Is there a significant delay similar to what was described earlier in this thread? If so, there may be other issues you have. In this case it might be best to get an opinion from a trused independant or dealer.

Or is it more like a couple of seconds at most? This is the case that software update resolves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.