BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so some questions for you mechanical types out there.

When at highway speeds, my car seems to pull SLIGHTLY to the right and if I let go of the steering wheel on a straight road, the steering wheel angles slightly to the right.

However, it also seems like the steering is really sensitive to banked and crowned roads, and maybe I'm just being overcritical. But I swear the car just doesn't have that "dead center straight ahead" feeling like it used to.

Am I just being too AR? It is IS the alignment, would it be covered under the car's full maintenance program?

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
No it's not covered, but it could easily be your tire pressures causing the symptoms you're describing. Check em out and let us know. BTW nice color!

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
TopazTim325 said:
OK, so some questions for you mechanical types out there.

When at highway speeds, my car seems to pull SLIGHTLY to the right and if I let go of the steering wheel on a straight road, the steering wheel angles slightly to the right.

However, it also seems like the steering is really sensitive to banked and crowned roads, and maybe I'm just being overcritical. But I swear the car just doesn't have that "dead center straight ahead" feeling like it used to.

Am I just being too AR? It is IS the alignment, would it be covered under the car's full maintenance program?

Thanks in advance for your input!
It is up to 1,200 miles.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
webguy330i said:
No it's not covered, but it could easily be your tire pressures causing the symptoms you're describing. Check em out and let us know.
Yeah, this was the 1st thing I suspected too. I checked the tire pressures and did have to make some minor corrections, but the problem persisted even afterwards.

BTW nice color!
Gotta luv that Topaz! Actually, you and Vince were my lifelines over at the .Org while I was waiting for my car. I always had something to drool over until I picked mine up. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dredmo said:
nope no warranty, my cars pulls and stuff, it could be potentially a brake problem too.

edit: if it is a brake problem, they will fix that
Funny you should mention that, because I have felt like the steering wheel pulls "back to center" when I apply the brakes.

The HACK said:

It is up to 1,200 miles.
Damn, 16,600 miles too late. :(

Well, I have an appointment next week for the sticky pedal fix, so I'll have them take a look at it then and let y'all know what I find out.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
TopazTim325 said:

Yeah, this was the 1st thing I suspected too. I checked the tire pressures and did have to make some minor corrections, but the problem persisted even afterwards.

Gotta luv that Topaz! Actually, you and Vince were my lifelines over at the .Org while I was waiting for my car. I always had something to drool over until I picked mine up. :D
Haha, yeah I keep finding all these closet topaz freaks everywhere. I was/am one myself. :D

Good luck and make sure you get a good feel for your current sticky pedal because you aren't going to believe the difference with the new parts! It's awesome!

·
Registered
538 Posts
TopazTim325 said:

I have the same prob.

What size rims are you running and what tires? If you checked tire pressure then alignment would be next step. Then tire balance would be last. After having mine aligned it still slightly pulls to the right(I've noticed it affefcts people with plus size wheel/tires- I have 225/40/18s.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: Does the "Full Maintenance" program cover alignment?

jk330i said:

I have the same prob.

What size rims are you running and what tires?
Standard Type 44s: 17 x 8.0 wearing 225/45 WR 17s.

It'll be interesting to see what the dealer has to say about all this. Good point about the tire balance though. I had a flat awhile back and had to have some tires moved around (Long story). I wonder if they re-balanced when they moved the tires.

Thanks for all the advice, guys. That's what this forum is all about! :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts