BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little confused and sorry if this exact question has been brought up before! Looking at buying a 2009 X5 diesel (xDrive35d). I've been doing a lot of reading but am confused about this. I thought up until and including 2009 that if the vehicle had the "sports package" option that this included adaptive drive and wasn't until 2010 that they were a separate $3500 option for AD.

Lookzing at photos from the craigslist ad and I don't see the sport button near the shifter. Does this mean no AD? Does being diesel make a difference?

Production date 2008-12-03

Thanks in advance!

_a2_

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Adaptive drive is 2VA. I have adaptive drive on my '09 diesel, it was part of the sport package ZSP, neither of which are present in that car.

·
Among the Proud
471 Posts
Maybe it's different since it does say Canadian. I wonder what 330 Sports Package is for.

I would still go by the sport button near the shifter... which means no.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm definitely haven't seen option 2VA or ZSP.
I'm more inclined to believe no button equals no AD. But it is pretty well fully loaded. I went to the dealer yesterday to speak with a salesman, he looked the vin up in the computer using something called BMW_REX by the looks of it. Every option had its own page and on the sports package page it said
"ZUD Sports package"
"ZSC Sports package continued"
"AG Sports"

Not sure what option 226 "Sports suspension settings" means?

·
Among the Proud
471 Posts
Just looked up my '08 3.0si ordering guide and within ZSP - Sport Package there's 2VA Electronic Damping Control. That is the adaptive drive.

Looks like Canadian Sport Package is different, and you don't have the EDC even listed as an option which is strange.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm a little confused and sorry if this exact question has been brought up before! Looking at buying a 2009 X5 diesel (xDrive35d). I've been doing a lot of reading but am confused about this. I thought up until and including 2009 that if the vehicle had the "sports package" option that this included adaptive drive and wasn't until 2010 that they were a separate $3500 option for AD.

Lookzing at photos from the craigslist ad and I don't see the sport button near the shifter. Does this mean no AD? Does being diesel make a difference?

Production date 2008-12-03

Thanks in advance!
Yep, no AD. And the build sheet does not list option 2VA.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,394 Posts

·
Among the Proud
471 Posts
^ Did Canada get shafted in '09 before the US did in '10?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That must be the case. With a build date in Dec08 and sold as an 09 it definitely has a sport package and no AD. I passed on it but would be a great vehicle for someone at a fairly good price considering all the other options

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,394 Posts
^ Did Canada get shafted in '09 before the US did in '10?
so odd to find that old thread from 6.5 years ago with us puzzling over this PRECISE issue...zsp vs 330, and the redundant (confusing, BMW) terminology...

Anyone remember the old 'build a BMW' website where it would fool people into thinking they had AD when the selected the sport package? And owners ordering cars based on that? Super confusing.... :mad:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
so odd to find that old thread from 6.5 years ago with us puzzling over this PRECISE issue...zsp vs 330, and the redundant (confusing, BMW) terminology...

Anyone remember the old 'build a BMW' website where it would fool people into thinking they had AD when the selected the sport package? And owners ordering cars based on that? Super confusing.... :mad:
This confusion still exists when purchasing a 2016 X5. M sport package does not include the sport suspension. What really confuses buyers is the Sport button on the console that is on all models.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts