BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant tell if that is a rear spoiler on the deck lid? If it is is that factory? It looks nice.

Its an 06 330i, sport package and sport seats- 20K miles, they want 32K. Its certified also..
But it doesnt have nav..if it did id be there tomorrow signing papers dammit..

I really want my first bimmer/330i to have nav.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
That is the BMW Aero spoiler - BMW part - added by dealer - too bad on the nav, but if you want it, you will regret not having it, so keep shopping!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the BMW Aero spoiler - BMW part - added by dealer - too bad on the nav, but if you want it, you will regret not having it, so keep shopping!
Thanks Rob, thats so sweet. I have to have one installed if I buy one without one- it makes a nice difference on the back...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you guys think that have a bimmer with no nav option? Regrets? I dont travel all that much to places im not familiar with- although I wanted my next car to have factory nav..I wonder If I should just get over it and jump on this one, as it has low miles and its xactly what I want (sport pckg and sport seats)

·
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*
2,261 Posts
I'd say that the NAV itself is not a "must have" since you will probably not use it much. Unfortunately with BMW, Nav is part of Idrive, in which in my eyes is definitely a "must have." Everything from your entertainment to climate and car settings are viewed/modified through idrive. I don't think I could ever buy another bimmer without it. Good luck!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd say that the NAV itself is not a "must have" since you will probably not use it much. Unfortunately with BMW Nav is part of Idrive, in which in my eyes is definitely a "must have" Everything from your entertainment to climate and car settings are viewed/modified through idrive. I don't think I could ever buy another bimmer without it. Good luck!
You really like the Idrive huh? All the reviews I read sound like they are torn about it..seems neat though..

·
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*
2,261 Posts
You really like the Idrive huh? All the reviews I read sound like they are torn about it..seems neat though..
I guess everybody has their own opinion about it. Some find it awkward to use, slow or pointless. Then again some people find it nifty and convenient... I guess I fall in this category. :D

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Idrive brings the car to another level of control ... bmw did good at it though I found my Audi verson (MMI) on the easier side but one thing is for sure once you get used to it, you will miss the ability to control and set so many features that it allows you to customize.

·
Registered
107 Posts
yeh and the dvd player can be hacked to play videos with a box; and you can put about 6000-8000 mpeg-4 (aac) or wma music files (far better sound per bitrate than mp3) on the dvd+R DL 8.5gb.

Matter of fact i'm going to merge a nav iso and mp3 maybe tonight to see if i can get 4000 wma songs and 2008 nav on one disc to function simultaneously. we'll see how robust the software is :) vxworks good stuff.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone have a link to purchase this r spoiler? Ive been looking everywhere but I must be using the wrong nomenclature..lol..

When I get my car its straight to the body shop, I really like how it looks!

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,958 Posts
Personally I have virtually no use for a built in nav (or any nav at all for that matter as I'm old school and I've always excelled at map reading) and I like the cleaner lines of the dash without nav.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I really want my first bimmer/330i to have nav.
Here is something to consider when purchasing a BMW with navigation. If your into this techno sort of thing; you can purchase the concierge (convenience) plan along with standard road side assist. The "lady" as I used to refer to her (I have since opted not to renew my plan) can send driving instructions directly to your navigation system. BUT! only on cars manufactured after September 2006 (check the BMW assist brochure for details). I think this rules out most of the 06 E90s. That would be the one killer application for navigation.

We used a highly sophisticated system to download the instructions called a note pad!

with the money I "saved" by not renewing my road side assist and concierge plan I spent 250 bucks (one tenth the cost of of BMWs system) on a garmin. Now I can search for business myself and share custom points of interest with other users.
Oh and an upgraded map is much less expensive.
Oh and I can use it more than one car.
Oh and I can take carry it in my pocket or on my bicycle if I want to.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,170 Posts
i opted against the nav, my personal tech refresh cycle is quite short ( i have a bad habit of buying a new blackberry and a new pocket pc every 6 months. ). with a separate NAV, i can flash update/ tweak/ replace. new versions come out every day, the one downside to the built in nav is that you cant easily update it.

if the car is what you want aside from the lack of nav, i would call it a day and just get a garmin or something similar.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The one thing you guys are missing about the nav is its so much more then the Nav. Sure at actual navigation the Garmin is better and can be updated as long with other makers, but idrive ads so much more then the nav. If you have sirius (which I do) the display is so much better, the control for my iphone is better, the control for the ipod is better. Best of all voice activation of everything!!

Infinite control over customization of the car I personally think it just adds so much more.

Now if you are not into tech then you wont care about all that stuff but I love it.

·
Beemedobleve
235 Posts
What do you guys think that have a bimmer with no nav option? Regrets? I dont travel all that much to places im not familiar with- although I wanted my next car to have factory nav..I wonder If I should just get over it and jump on this one, as it has low miles and its xactly what I want (sport pckg and sport seats)
Heracles:

I did not get the NAV, mostly to save the couple thousand dollars it would have cost, and because I had a GARMIN already.

I have heard about the iPod integration as a cool thing. I do not own any apple/iPod product, so I am not missing that. I have an MP3 player which connects through the AUX-IN port and that works well.

The non-NAV cars also have menus that you can use to customize the car (lock/unlock setting, headlight settings, dash light dimming, etc), and you can customize your radio pretty well also with the radio nobs.

I have not used I-drive too much, but I think it is awesome...although maybe not worth as much as you have to pay to get it (since you have to buy the NAV too).

All to say, as someone already has, I don't think it is a must have. But if you want it, you only live twice! Eat dessert first!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts