BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Does this piece even belong to the trunk? (02 540i m62)

344 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  updl
I pulled the spare tire out and found this lose piece under the tire. Does it even belongs to the m62?

If yes, what is it for?

The pieces that secure the spare tire are all in place. Nothing seems to be missing. Also the spare tire space communicates with the battery compartment. Maybe coming from the battery compartment??

Any feedback will be appreciated. Just don't know what to do with that lose piece.
Thanks.
Triangle Wood Door Tool Automotive exterior
Beige Wood Rectangle Circle Fashion accessory
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This looks very much like some sort of holder plate. Some bolt or hook would come through the hole, and some sort of easy to turn nut will screw on it.
Reactions: updl
It's the clamp part of a battery hold-down. There is a bolt and washer that goes to it.
Ah yeah. I see now. Thanks.
It's the clamp part of a battery hold-down. There is a bolt and washer that goes to it.
True. The other part is missing. I'll find it.
This looks very much like some sort of holder plate. Some bolt or hook would come through the hole, and some sort of easy to turn nut will screw on it.
its a long shanked hex head (10 mm head) that comes up to the top of the battery for easier access. if you cant find it, its on realoem.com, all e39's used it.
Thanks.(y) I'll look it up.
its a long shanked hex head (10 mm head) that comes up to the top of the battery for easier access. if you cant find it, its on realoem.com, all e39's used it.
Useful Info...

Reactions: updl
Great thread. Useful indeed.Thanks.
Useful Info...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts