BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Does X3 have minifridge?

1629 Views 14 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  x3man
Hi, there:
Just got my X3, 2005 X3 3.0i, white, auto, w/o sports pkg, heated seats, and the pan sunroof is awesome!
summer is coming, so I am thinking to get a minifridge for X3, does any one know if BMW have this part and how much.

Thanks a lot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
It is called "BMW Cool Box" and is part number 82 29 9 415 579. Your dealer may or may not stock it, but can order it.
iseebi said:
summer is coming, so I am thinking to get a minifridge for X3, does any one know if BMW have this part and how much.
It Is Available Only...

as part of the barbeque option, which includes a charcoal grill mounted where the navigation system would normally be. The fridge is installed through the panoramic moonroof, and is approximately four feet tall, so watch your clearance in parking garages, tunnels, etc. Demonstrating their talents once again, the BMW engineers have managed to retune the suspension and retain the amazing roadholding characteristics of the X3, notwithstanding the even higher center of gravity caused by the fridge.

I didn't go for the barbeque option, because I wanted to keep the panoramic moonroof, but some of my best friends have it, and they are quite pleased.
Are you sure the BBQ option is a charcoal grill? I had heard that it was just a rebadged Sunbeam gas grill? :dunno:

But I really like the idea of the hot dog bun warmer in the glove box.
pipo said:
as part of the barbeque option, which includes a charcoal grill mounted where the navigation system would normally be. The fridge is installed through the panoramic moonroof, and is approximately four feet tall, so watch your clearance in parking garages, tunnels, etc. Demonstrating their talents once again, the BMW engineers have managed to retune the suspension and retain the amazing roadholding characteristics of the X3, notwithstanding the even higher center of gravity caused by the fridge.

I didn't go for the barbeque option, because I wanted to keep the panoramic moonroof, but some of my best friends have it, and they are quite pleased.
And here's what it looks like (kind of ugly):



This is the description:

Electric Cooler/Carrier
CFC-free cooler chills its contents for a convienient road trip refreshment.

Oh, found a better picture:



And I found that you can order pretty much anything for your BMW from this site (including the above):

http://www.pacificbmw.com/new/parts/findmodel.asp
Terry Kennedy said:
It is called "BMW Cool Box" and is part number 82 29 9 415 579. Your dealer may or may not stock it, but can order it.
That Cool Box is nowhere near as cool as the fridge that comes with the BBQ option, nor is it as cool. How's that for double talk?

However, if the grill is really just a rebadged Sunbeam, watch out! It is a well known fact that they emit telepathic waves that gradually turn the driver into a Japanese minivan lover.
Sweet!
I can finally take my kegerator on the road with me!

:rofl: :rofl:

Attachments

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Alex
pipo said:
However, if the grill is really just a rebadged Sunbeam, watch out! It is a well known fact that they emit telepathic waves that gradually turn the driver into a Japanese minivan lover.
What would be even cooler (pardon the pun) would be to have something like in Star Trek where you just ask for something, pop up the dash storage and there it is! Okay a little far fetched so let's go for an indash microwave oven.....
LmtdSlip said:
Are you sure the BBQ option is a charcoal grill? I had heard that it was just a rebadged Sunbeam gas grill? :dunno:

But I really like the idea of the hot dog bun warmer in the glove box.
I decided against the BMW-BBQ and went with the Terracota Brick Oven instead. I don't know how well a German oven will cook an Italian pizza but I can't WAIT to find out. :yumyum:
Forgot to mention that brick oven. If your dealer didn't tell you, as a special incentive, BMW is offering a team of helmeted mice that respond only to orders barked in German. They are specially trained to clean up pizza crumbs and other spills when you cook in your Bimmer. As you might imagine, the reason for the helmets is that those poor little mice get thrown about a bit while performing their duties, especially since most people who go for the oven option appear to be speed freaks (nooo, not that kind of speed freak); hard to explain why. Ask BahnBaum about it. He was one of the first to get a mouse battalion.
Rob V said:
I decided against the BMW-BBQ and went with the Terracota Brick Oven instead. I don't know how well a German oven will cook an Italian pizza but I can't WAIT to find out. :yumyum:
Tayrum, I don't know what you're talking about. MINE came with a replicator, but I read it's only an option with manual transmissions. That's why you have to factory-order and it takes 2 months to get them! :rofl:
Tayrum said:
What would be even cooler (pardon the pun) would be to have something like in Star Trek where you just ask for something, pop up the dash storage and there it is! Okay a little far fetched so let's go for an indash microwave oven.....
Well "Beam Me Up climrgrl!" :rofl:

Anyway, the only problem with the Brick oven is that it takes away from the trunk space. But when you're not using it you can throw your stuff in the oven as long as it's cooled off enough. A good side benefit is that rear passengers won't miss the lack of heated rear-seats. It also matches theTerracotta interior nicely.

That's a great shot of the Terracotta Oven Option! Do you have photos of any of the other lifestyle options?
Rob V said:
Well "Beam Me Up climrgrl!" :rofl:

Anyway, the only problem with the Brick oven is that it takes away from the trunk space. But when you're not using it you can throw your stuff in the oven as long as it's cooled off enough. A good side benefit is that rear passengers won't miss the lack of heated rear-seats. It also matches theTerracotta interior nicely.

Love the brick oven pizza oven!

Seriously, here's a cigarette lighter powered cooler from Sharper Image for $60.

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/c...7587&cm_ven=FROOG&cm_cat=feed&cm_ite=SI551GRY



And there are more here:

http://www.compactappliance.com/xq/...PP.200/page.1/qx/12_Volt___Travel_Coolers.htm
iseebi said:
Hi, there:
Just got my X3, 2005 X3 3.0i, white, auto, w/o sports pkg, heated seats, and the pan sunroof is awesome!
summer is coming, so I am thinking to get a minifridge for X3, does any one know if BMW have this part and how much.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top