BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Member: Left Lane Club
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first bought this car I thought that the last owner just put tires that were too tall on it. So I put 4 new skins on and replaced the lower plastic piece at the front of the front wheel wells, and after a week of driving they look like this again!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Does yours do this? Or is mine just one hungry mofo? :dunno:

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
What size wheels & tires do you have on there, and what is their offset ?

82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pork chops need to be installed properly using all available fasteners (or strategically placed zipties) or they will interfere with the tires and get sawed down.
I'm thinking this is what happened. I have the lower shield removed and didn't zip-tie the bottom of the "pork chops" (i like that) into place. I like this better than thinking I might not have a Sport model. :confused:

· Boosted
963 Posts
i slashed a tire with my fender two weeks ago..... and cracked the rim... :eeps:

· Registered
2,840 Posts
i slashed a tire with my fender two weeks ago..... and cracked the rim... :eeps:
You have fake/replica M6 wheels, right? if so, there's always an increased risk of this kind of thing happening sooner or later...

OP - as mentioned, do check to see if the plastic peices are securely attached. I had this issue and I made the cut to what you have there! I'll replace the piece at some point soon!

Cheers, Dennis!

· Registered
713 Posts
I found that if I park foreward too closely to a curb-stop, when I reverse out, the front-end lowers slightly and can sometimes grab the leading edge of the wheel well liner and become in danger of coming in contact with the tire under more aggressive driving...I placed a couple of well-hidden screws making that leading edge less susceptable to being pulled from its correct position.

Good luck :thumbup:

· FTW Trump 2020!
1,170 Posts
I have a sport with the size tires as well as not have the belly pan on exactly like the o.p. and i have never rubbed before. Im actually thinking about getting 255's up front when i get the alignment in the morning.

O.p. check to see if you have wheel spacers.

82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a sport with the size tires as well as not have the belly pan on exactly like the o.p. and i have never rubbed before. Im actually thinking about getting 255's up front when i get the alignment in the morning.

O.p. check to see if you have wheel spacers.
I had the front wheels off this past weekend, no wheel spacers present.

· Registered
220 Posts
I had this due to broken connectors where wheel arch liner joined the bumper, so the wheel arch could be pulled back when caught on bumps (or put nose over concrete bump stop in parking places). Had to fabricate couple of new brackets on bumper to fasten arch liner to bumper.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.